Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the ECU and then the process to rest it. I recently tried to get it inspected but the thermostat func code showed up. So I replaced the thermostat and attempted to have it re-inspected but the code still showed up so still no pass...thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Disconnect negative battery terminal and touch wire to positive to drain all capacitors. Give it a few seconds or so and re-connect. If that doesn't work, stop in at an auto parts store and have them read/clear the code for you. Most will as long as you tell them what it was and that you already replaced it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
What year is truck?

Try a search for ECU RESET..

Try here

there is another link to another thread at the end of that thread...so there is copious information about this and other subjects that can be found via search.:itsfriday:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok cool...will give it a shot...do you know off the top of your head where its located?

Sorry guys forgot to mention that it is an 01 Frontier :)

...the ECU and then the process to rest it. I recently tried to get it inspected but the thermostat func code showed up. So I replaced the thermostat and attempted to have it re-inspected but the code still showed up so still no pass...thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
where what is located? the search? Scroll all the way back up and look just about the middle of your screen and to the right. Right above the site sponsor banner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry no...found the search ok...was wondering if you knew where the ECU was located...sorry for the mix up...appreciate the help very much!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The ECU doesn't have a simple reset button like a lot of electronics, you have to do the battery trick. Try it and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts