Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding an ECM or part number for my truck. I have a 2008 4×4 LE Crew that has no box, so I don't have anything to compare.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
You can go to NissanPartsDeal.com and get the part number by searching by VIN #. Keep in mind these are programmable units, so just because the part "fits" may not mean it has the correct software program on it, which a dealer can reprogram. For used parts, try Car-part.com.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can go to NissanPartsDeal.com and get the part number by searching by VIN #. Keep in mind these are programmable units, so just because the part "fits" may not mean it has the correct software program on it, which a dealer can reprogram. For used parts, try Car-part.com.
Thanks, I have the part number for the new programmable ECM (23710-ZS03A), but that dealer part number doesn't cross over to the used units i can find on car-part. I know I will need to program any unit I do purchase, but I was told the box would have to have the same part number as the one in my 08 truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could any box be programmed by the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Could any box be programmed by the dealer?
Any ECM that was intended for that vehicle can be. Car-part.com has twenty different ECM options for you to choose through in the search options (V6 model) or you can search by VIN, so you should be able to find one that will work with your vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ECM that was intended for that vehicle can be. Car-part.com has twenty different ECM options for you to choose through in the search options (V6 model) or you can search by VIN, so you should be able to find one that will work with your vehicle.

Thanks, I tried both of those options before coming here, and nothing pops up on car-part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts