Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the bulb on the back of the truck for the brake light on the roof I took it apart I.E the two screws took off the plug for the bulb and I cannot find the way to change the damn bulb I feel like a complete moron!!!!!!!!! this is 2001 se v6 crew cab stick shift thanks for checking this out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for answering! No the only screws are two bolts that are allen key. I tried pulling out where the plug connects to, In a spinning motion, Just straight out and everything in between. I even tried prying apart the assembly to no avail. I guess I too must upgrade the damn piece. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**** it. I just bought it thanks This is bs design by the nissan people. Lets just hope I can get another 94k miles without havin to repair anything else. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
674 Posts
**** it. I just bought it thanks This is bs design by the nissan people. Lets just hope I can get another 94k miles without havin to repair anything else. *crosses fingers*
This one is longer than the oem but it's still a direct bolt up, no modification required.

I modified mine though

The two side pockets are empty and I didn't like that so I retrofitted 194 sockets and LED's in there to take up the space and wired them to the brake circuit. I had to cut holes in the back of the cab to fit the pigtails of the 194 sockets though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah maybe I'll try and get a pic when I get a chance

The side pockets already have holes for screws so it's real simple, I just bought a big clear Tupperware storage container from Walmart and cut to fit 2 pieces, one for each backing plate for the empty pocket, with a box cutter

Then I drilled a hole in the center of each backing plate that I made to snuggly fit a 194 socket (push in and twist to lock)

Then I test fitted it up and drilled corresponding holes in the cab to fit the 194 socket pigtails

Then I chopped up the original harness to wire in my 194 pigtails through the drilled holes

·
Registered
674 Posts
You could also make the empty side pockets into cargo lamps with white led, I was considering that, but you'd have to wire up a whole circuit with a switch at the dash and wires from the driver a-pillar through the headliner... it would take more time, not a big deal though

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
According to the Nissan parts catalog, the high mount stop lamps has replaceable LED's, but they are $23 each over the counter and about $15 each from an online dealer. I believe there are six of them. So, for that much money, the Ebay unit is starting to look like a bargain! Here's the Nissan part diagram:

2001 Nissan Frontier High Mounting Stop Lamp - NissanPartsDeal.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts