Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Need help 285 tires rubbing issues

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Nissan4Life 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got 285/60r18 tires and rims for my pro4x 12 was seeing if by doing a certain lift kit height would prevent the rubbing or do I have to mod even with a lift kit
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system
Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Vehicle Wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
This. I've got 265 but with my 1.5" wheel spacers I had to trim. I followed Raine's write up and it worked like a charm. Still looks stock too with mud flaps and all. Wouldn't notice unless you knew it.

#6 ·
With stock wheels the melt mod would likely have been fine, but your wheel offset appears to push them out so it is likely you will need to trim.

#7 · (Edited)
A spacer lift will not change the rub. A 2" body lift will most likely take care of it. Or a 5" bracket lift will too. Or if you are 2wd a CST spindle lift will cure the rub.

Do you have cam bolts in your lower control arm pivots. Are they adjusted for MAX caster (wheel forward). That should help the rub significantly. Need to also remove the front air dam.

#8 · (Edited)
A spacer lift will not change the rub. A 2" body lift will most likely take care of it. Or a 5" spacer lift will too. Or if you are 2wd a CST spindle lift will cure the rub.

Do you have cam bolts in your lower control arm pivots. Are they adjusted for MAX caster (wheel forward). That should help the rub significantly. Need to also remove the front air dam.

I havent done anything to the truck yet it's Stock I only rub on the back part of fender not the front mine is 4wd and my offset on my rims are also at (0) I have a pro 4x so there's a difference between body lift and level kit I saw the ready lift kit that gave you 2.5 in front 1.5 in back or I was looking at prg kits

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.