Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Need advice on purchasing an Amplifier.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  gfronty05 
#1 ·
The following is what I have and looking for an amplifier that would match its spec.

HU: DPX-301 22w RMS@4ohm (50w max)
Front SPK: 6x9 9613i 100w RMS@4ohm (300w max)
Rear SPK: 6-1/2 6012i 60w RMS@4ohm (180w max)
Tweeters: 1011t 50w RMS@4ohm (150w max)

I was thinking a 4ch amp to power the 6x9 & 6.5 speakers. Maybe 100w per ch @ 4ohm
For the tweeters I have an old Kenwood that would do the job.

To whom have installed systems on there ride, what amplifier did you guys install or suggest I should get?
Thanks.

#2 ·
#3 ·
darren05 said:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iA14jt92NPA/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=essential_info&i=575P4504#Tab

I would get something like this ...

wire the tweets and fronts in parallel for a 2ohm load on the front channel, then wire the rears directly to the rear channel ... that'll give you roughly 60w rms to your entire system off of one amp.
If parallel them @ 2ohm how many watts am i getting on the 6x9 & tweets?

#4 ·
roughly 55watts a peice ... and that's in a "perfect" world ... and this is just my opinion on what I would do with my own knowledge of car stereos.
Don't worry it'll get plenty loud :twisted:

I haven't found out the size of the Frontiers Alternator yet so I'm sure how much power is in the stock electrical system to even play around with yet. But I figure it should be able to handle at least 500watts RMS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.