Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this might be a little odd but I have had the trade in bug bad. I absolutly love my first gen, but I really want to trade my KC 1st gen in for a CC 1st gen. I want a CC long or short bed is not an issue its the doors, I have recently found a Desert Runner CC not too far from home at a stealership but its an 03 with under 46K on it and its 5 speed I totally love it. How bad would I get screwed at the dealer if I went through with this? Is it even worth it?

I am at a point to do the timing belt and I've been quoted $750-1250 so I would not mind just paying that much in trade difference, or a little more for a lower milage truck but still. If you wanna check it out I will attach a link to it.

The reason I got this KC in the first place is the deal was too good to pass up but now I kinda wish I waited a little longer to find the perfect CC.

Thanks!

2003 Nissan Frontier 2WD Crew Cab Pickup XE (only 45452 miles)

·
Registered
704 Posts
depends on what you owe on the one you have,whats left over after trade difference,how much you want for a payment.......taxes title and feeeeesssss.
then drive it home with a smile and think did i get screwed.

·
Registered
704 Posts
check book on it and start dealing,dont leave the dealer with it first time you go check it out,make him sweat it out and call you,beat him up on price as much as you can.
Good Luck

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check book on it and start dealing,dont leave the dealer with it first time you go check it out,make him sweat it out and call you,beat him up on price as much as you can.
Good Luck
Well I did the edmunds "True Market Value" and it came to:
Trade in $ 7,894
Private Party $ 9,064
Dealer Retail $ 10,348

Granted nobody would ever give me that but its a start.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
His stats are.....$9,496/$10,491/$11,505....I could possibly make something happen.

I just noticed upon further inspection that the far right guage has the white background like in an XE and the other 2 are from an SE.....hmm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You might be surprised at what the dealer may offer you for the trade-in. I got $500 over the Edmunds dealer trade-in value for my plucky little Jeep Wrangler SE (2.5L "low-output") when I traded it in. Both parties were happy with the price, so we n=made a deal.

If it seems like you're getting screwed during the deal, leave. You'll be no better or worse off than when you woke up that morning.

Good luck and let us know how the deal progresses.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Well I did the edmunds "True Market Value" and it came to:
Trade in $ 7,894
Private Party $ 9,064
Dealer Retail $ 10,348

Granted nobody would ever give me that but its a start.

Thanks again!
what condition did you use? that is the key...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what condition did you use? that is the key...
The one below the highest one which was outstanding...even though there is absoloutly nothing wrong with my truck. They way I was told is unless you just got it from the factory, nobody is going to give you the price for outstanding

·
Registered
26 Posts
ADVICE: hold out for a 4X4 I bought a 03 CC 2wd 5spd and thought I would be happy I ended up wanting a 4wd so I traded the 2wd with 48k miles in after 1 year for a 03 4x4 CC 5spd with 47k miles and lost probably 4k-5k by not buying what I wanted this first time. I will never do it again lesson learned get what you want but make sure its what you want.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am still not sure that the economy has shaken out yet so my advice would be to hold off a while. Sine your truck is paid for you are in good shape to wait and see if you can find a real deal, which would probably come from a private party.

You would also do better to try and sell your truck rather than trade it in. All the dealer will give you for it is wholesale. Anything over that price is what he takes off of the retail price of the truck you are buying. In other words if he knocks $1000 off in trading for your truck you would be able to buy the truck outright for the same $1000 less that he is offering you on your trade. Now if you can sell your truck for more than wholesale you will be that much money ahead.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ADVICE: hold out for a 4X4 I bought a 03 CC 2wd 5spd and thought I would be happy I ended up wanting a 4wd so I traded the 2wd with 48k miles in after 1 year for a 03 4x4 CC 5spd with 47k miles and lost probably 4k-5k by not buying what I wanted this first time. I will never do it again lesson learned get what you want but make sure its what you want.
Thanks! Note taken, I have been taking my time this time making sure it would be something I REALLY want.

Okie, There was a dealer up in Seattle that said they would trade Wholesale for Wholesale. Does this mean he will want me to just cover the difference? Anyone know.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
If that is what he said and he is honest it would be for the difference in cost between the two. While this would still allow him to make a profit from your truck he would not make a profit on the one he has unless he bought it for under wholesale, which is possible.

It would make me wonder why he was interested to trade at that price unless your truck is in better comparative condition, thus more profit than normal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A guy at work spent 5 months getting online twice a day on truck trader,craigslist, ebay looking for a 02 cummins diesel to be exactly like he wanted it and he finally got one that is honestly a jewel. While everyone may not have this much patience, it really pays off in the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts