Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i dont care how you perceive to reply to me but i need some help. im stuck on where to run teh antennas coax cables from the front of the bed into the cab. can you all help me out.

i know about a grommet in the firewall and all also how did you all attach teh coax to the underneath of the truck? but i just want to see how yall ran your wiring.

thank you

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU JEFF! i just fount a grommet by my seat.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If you fold your back seat down and pull up the carpet, etc that is on the back wall you will find a hand hole. I ran mine through there and then through the grommet on the front wall of the bed which is literally just a couple of inches off of being perfectly lined up. This allows me to keep the cb in the storage basket under the back seat when not in use and the antenatae is under the tanneau cover.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you fold your back seat down and pull up the carpet, etc that is on the back wall you will find a hand hole. I ran mine through there and then through the grommet on the front wall of the bed which is literally just a couple of inches off of being perfectly lined up. This allows me to keep the cb in the storage basket under the back seat when not in use and the antenatae is under the tanneau cover.
i cant seem to find it. where at is the hand hole you speak of on the back wall. like the what position

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Under the driver and passenger seats there is a closed grommet. I cut an X in it with a razor blade and ran the wire through that way.

In the bed I have the factory drop in bed liner. So, I mounted the antennas then had the wire go into the holes for tie downs. On the passenger side bed right near the cab is a hollow opening with only access from between the cab and bed. I drilled a hole under my bedliner to connect it. Then I ran the wire through there.

If this sounds confusing its because I am tired as hell. I can take a pic if I get some time if it would help you.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i drilled holes on the top rail of the backwall of the bed on each side and ran the antennas thru that way in the hole by the drivers seat

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
In kinda late... But still might help.
It's wayy easier to run the coax without the connector(s) and saves drilling the 1/2" holes everywhere. Just have PL259 ends handy.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
i cant seem to find it. where at is the hand hole you speak of on the back wall. like the what position
ok, so I guess it's more of a vent, then a hand hole. - It's been a while since I've done this, but here are some shots i took this morning to show you my path

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well i just got done routing the wires. lol that was fun..... doing and redoing it a better way. ill have pics up in a few like some wanted.

another thing i need some input on...the plastic washer inbetween the coax and the actual antenna..does it need to be there. i replaced it with metal washers because the plastic washer was hittin on the bedwall. does it act liek a so called "buffer" so it doesnt ground the whole thing all out??

[/IMG]

·
Registered
465 Posts
Your already done, but for others

The dome light or map lights are your friend. On my 04 took out dome light to have access to roof liner/roof. Reach in and find cross braces(don't want to drill them) find center and move if necessary to avoid brace, center punch roof from top. Drill (the size of the fitting with hole saw)from top useing board as spacer to keep drill short and prevent drilling through head liner. You can get CB and Ham roof mount that is waterproof(I use a little silicon caulk as extra) that will handle a 40"easy. Youcan get fold over or flex anten., I prefer foldover, less stress on roof if you go under carport or what ever. Then use dome hole and run down colom and under the carpet or remove door trim. I went doortrim to center console. And no, I dont have pictures, thats 3 Frontiers ago, got a cellphone now, lol>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts