Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install 3" spacers in the front and want to lift the rear 3" as well, preferably with AALs. I want to lift the rear the same amount because my '16 SV 4x4 with 32k miles is already nearly level with my toolbox and rack in the back. When I put less than 100lb. Of camping gear in the back, it is very close to level. What do you guys suggest I use for the rear. I can't afford new leaf packs right now. Below is a picture without anything in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just some friendly advice....Unless you are willing to tolerate almost constant coil bucket contact, you are not going to want to put a 3" lift spacer on the front coilover unless you get a after market upper control arm.
I would suggest a 2" or 2.5" coil lift spacer.
Also for the rear you at 3" of lift you will need longer rear shocks as the stock rear shocks would be topping off constantly
Here is the set up I had:
Front:
The PRG 2" spacer that actually lifts the front about 2.5"
click links:
PRG Products

Rear:
PRG two leaf "add a leaf" and PRG adjustable lift shackle and extended length rear shocks.
click links:
PRG Products
PRG Products
PRG Products

Edit if your are on a budget I would recommend Front 2" and rear 2"
click link:
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/frontier-2-x-2aal/
Even then longer rear shocks are recomended

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,356 Posts
I only suggest stronger rear lift packs. The AAL go flat in no time and really don't handle weight well, they go soft then bottom out all the time with weight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a 2/3 lift and finally found time to get it on yesterday and I dig it! But after measuring the blocks themselves, I believe it was a 2/2 kit. Now if there is something I'm missing please let me know.

Ride quality is still there and I swear it has a better turning radius. I don't have any clunking in the front but the leaf springs are about flat out so I plan on getting actual lift leafs and I will be getting new shocks all the way around very soon. I have a set of adjustable upper control arms but I ran out of time but they will be on soon also. As for now, it's not bad at all. I would love to go higher but not sure if I want to do a diff-drop. It took us about 5 hours and would've only taken 3.5-4 if we would've taken the rear shocks off the way we ended up doing it to begin with. We unbolted them from the top, it worked out well!

Anyway, here's a picture. Mine is also a '16 SV CC 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I did 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. It's almost level but the rear is still a little higher. I went the budget route and used the drop shackles, no regrets! I did buy the Bilstein 5100s to compensate for the lift. As far as the lift up front, I don't regret it but the bucket contact is a bit annoying.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
But after measuring the blocks themselves, I believe it was a 2/2 kit. Now if there is something I'm missing please let me know.
The front suspension ratio is about 1-1.5, meaning a 2" tall spacer will equal 3" of lift at the wheel. Your kit was correct.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to all of you for the advice. I'll look more into a 2/2 lift. I would buy from PRG but it sounds like there's no telling when I would receive my order.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Need 3" Rear Lift Advice

I bought a 2/3 lift and finally found time to get it on yesterday and I dig it! But after measuring the blocks themselves, I believe it was a 2/2 kit. Now if there is something I'm missing please let me know.

Ride quality is still there and I swear it has a better turning radius. I don't have any clunking in the front but the leaf springs are about flat out so I plan on getting actual lift leafs and I will be getting new shocks all the way around very soon. I have a set of adjustable upper control arms but I ran out of time but they will be on soon also. As for now, it's not bad at all. I would love to go higher but not sure if I want to do a diff-drop. It took us about 5 hours and would've only taken 3.5-4 if we would've taken the rear shocks off the way we ended up doing it to begin with. We unbolted them from the top, it worked out well!

Anyway, here's a picture. Mine is also a '16 SV CC 4x4.

Was it supposed to be 3" in the front? What brand did you go with?
What does it use for the rear (blocks, shackles, or AALs)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was it supposed to be 3" in the front? What brand did you go with?
What does it use for the rear (blocks, shackles, or AALs)?

It's a 3/2 from Amazon. Supreme Suspensions. Blocks in the front and back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts