Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in North Carolina? I am in Wilson NC about 30mins east of Raleigh. Just looking for locals to wheel with and or surf fish with. Or any of the other fun things we can do with these trucks... I do have two small children that will likely tag alone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anyone in North Carolina? I am in Wilson NC about 30mins east of Raleigh. Just looking for locals to wheel with and or surf fish with. Or any of the other fun things we can do with these trucks... I do have two small children that will likely tag alone.
I hail from Charlotte, NC but live in Florence, SC now. I'd love to visit but I manage a wild game processor and my life is given up to deer season for the next 4 months.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
I wanna meet up and wheel/surf fish down here in Texas, but i cant seem to find anyone to meet up with

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in Clayton man, about 20ish minutes from ya. I have 2 kids also that love the outdoors. I haven't found anything either bud. I'm gonna check out that Facebook group though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah about an hour or so. I head west to Uwharrie every now and then. Have you been out there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im an old guy 55 .. that also rides a Wing and VTX 1800 .. Im all over NC, VA, TN, SC, GA et al.

Would be nice to do a meet and ride to a place for some REASONABLE 4x4in. I dont want to get my truck too dirty or ... scratch it up !! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im an old guy 55 .. that also rides a Wing and VTX 1800 .. Im all over NC, VA, TN, SC, GA et al.

Would be nice to do a meet and ride to a place for some REASONABLE 4x4in. I dont want to get my truck too dirty or ... scratch it up !! :)
Uwharrie is the place to go. I took mine on the easier stuff (and some not so easy) in stock form. Never needed the locker, the rain burms do rub the skids at stock height though. Oh and you can forget about the step rails (factory) if you have them..lol

This was a rather wet day out there...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So Proxlover ....will the unpaved trails (brown) be ok to ride on without the skids plates. Looking around now for all three .. kind of pricey.
Brown is nothing more then dirt roads (cars can take em). You can do a lot on the map, just think about tire placement and remember you don't have skids. Stay off of Daniel, Dutch, and Dickey. Part of Rocky Mountain loop is closed so the section that goes from sawmill (Green line) to Slab Pile (pink line) is no longer open. Do not get onto Rocky Mountain loop till you stretch your legs a bit. There are some sections that can be challenging and gut wrenching to a beginner. Also you will will rub every rain berm. Yes every one... You can do everything but the trails that start with D. At least the rig can do it. If you are not up for a little challenge then stay off the D's and Rocky mountain loop. Saw mill may be fun, but it leads to Rocky mountain so maybe steer clear there too. Slab Pile, Falls Damn, wolfs den are good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Brown is nothing more then dirt roads (cars can take em). You can do a lot on the map, just think about tire placement and remember you don't have skids. Stay off of Daniel, Dutch, and Dickey. Part of Rocky Mountain loop is closed so the section that goes from sawmill (Green line) to Slab Pile (pink line) is no longer open. Do not get onto Rocky Mountain loop till you stretch your legs a bit. There are some sections that can be challenging and gut wrenching to a beginner. Also you will will rub every rain berm. Yes every one... You can do everything but the trails that start with D. At least the rig can do it. If you are not up for a little challenge then stay off the D's and Rocky mountain loop. Saw mill may be fun, but it leads to Rocky mountain so maybe steer clear there too. Slab Pile, Falls Damn, wolfs den are good.
Daniel, Dutch John and Dickey Bell are the best and funniest trails there, but I'm in my Jeep Rubicon. ::grin::

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Daniel, Dutch John and Dickey Bell are the best and funniest trails there, but I'm in my Jeep Rubicon. ::grin::
I am planning on running them this year. In my Fronty. Last year I was just a stock Pro4x and had to take care of it. Could not call the wife about a broken truck when it was less then 3 months old. You still running out there? I am planning on being there in May around the 3rd.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am planning on running them this year. In my Fronty. Last year I was just a stock Pro4x and had to take care of it. Could not call the wife about a broken truck when it was less then 3 months old. You still running out there? I am planning on being there in May around the 3rd.
Unfortunately working six and seven days a week, this April will be two years since I've been. I wish you best with truck that you make it without body damage, there's some big rocks and deep valleys on those trails. Have you ever been on those trails driving or riding with someone? You could always watch YouTube videos of those trails.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately working six and seven days a week, this April will be two years since I've been. I wish you best with truck that you make it without body damage, there's some big rocks and deep valleys on those trails. Have you ever been on those trails driving or riding with someone? You could always watch YouTube videos of those trails.
I have seen videos of them, and the guys I run with have done them. I am lifted now and will have skids, sliders, and maybe a bumper. I am also locked front and rear. Should be fun. Not sure if I am going on the ledges, but it depends.

That sucks about working, but gotta pay them bills. I plan on going more then that so If you get free one weekend shoot me a message and see I may head out there. It is about 2hours from work and I normally just leave from there to cut down the drive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts