Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this into there frontier, if so can you please tell what type and how is it working out?

·
Registered
121 Posts
navman

I have a navman icn510 installed in mine it works great havent had any trouble with it. The software it uses is the SmartST version 3.0 and can be updated through there site for future maps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: navman

05_Electric_Blue_Nismo said:
I have a navman icn510 installed in mine it works great havent had any trouble with it. The software it uses is the SmartST version 3.0 and can be updated through there site for future maps.
did you have to connect your unit to the VSS wire? if so, where did you find the wire?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
jojo said:
are the aftermarket nav systems any good for off-road use, like finding trails in the middle of nowere?
I have the TomTom 300, looks like the Garmin 320, mounts to the windshield and can be moved from one vehicle to another. I was surprised when it showed some off-road trails! Obviously it doesn't show them all, but when you off-road and need to figure out how to get back to a main trial, it does a fine job! It's compact, easy to read and use, and was only $599.00! It also has a rechargable battery, so for short trips it can go along on an ATV as well!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
jojo said:
thanks alot. where can i get the tom tom 300 at? best buy maybe?
I got mine at Circuit City, but if you do a search on the internet using TomTom 300, you'll probably find other places that sell it as well. It was on sale at Circuit City when I bought it, and it was almost $100.00 off list. Also, try Pricewatch.com, they will list all the popular on-line stores and give their prices in one spot, it makes it easy to choose where to buy!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
jojo, hey man if you're looking for a good GPS that can stand up to abuse and shows a ton of trails i'd go for the lowrance Global Map Baja 480c. This is by far the best gps trail wise IMO. It's a little bulky but thats about it plus it's only like $550 this is the best bang for your buck :D
-Joseph

·
Registered
13 Posts
NAVIGATION

I have an 05 Nismo, and I use a small handheld Garmin Legend C ($120 bucks). It fits perfectly right in the instrument quadrant--I place it right in the middle--between the spedometer and the tach. This way I have a sort of heads up GPS display. :!:

Tthis placement does provide good satelite reception. I usually keep an accuracy of 13-14 ft. Which is about the best I can get with this unit.

If you want a bigger display than the Legend, I suggest going with the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS. A good friend of mine has this GPS and loves it. I factored in cost however, and got the smaller Legend C. For those of you that want an excellent nav system but don't want to fork out an arm and a leg, get a standard Garmin handheld and toss it up there. It works GREAT!

Oh and, I've researched GPS to the point of insanity, and I'd personally recommend going with Garmin--hands down. They produce the best GPS products (usability, performance) available on the market today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the NAVMAN 510 and i love it!!! totally awsome. Ill be using it to get me from Boston to NYC to watch the Red Sox beat the Yanks

Just wish i could find another place to mount it other then the windsheild

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Make sure whatever model you get it comes with a usb cable or something equivelant for upgrades and & better quality units will allow you to scroll through to see if it has tracks & roads covered in the area you want. Get the store assistant to give you a demmo on the dispay units.
AND POST SOME PICS i to want to get one & would like to see different set ups especially the larger units.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Anyone know if the Lowrance is still the best off-road GPS available? I see it mentioned excessively in the off-road magazines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts