Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an aftermarket in-dash navigation system for my '12 SV 4x4. I've found quite a few and the replacement double din mount kit and wiring kits. I'm having difficulty finding one that fully utilizes the steering wheel controls. A few ads say there is some kind of connector or modulator available for this, but I can't find any. Are there any fully compatible systems out there?
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Here is a thread from 2012 that may help.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...it-aswc-bluetooth-bypass-info-pointers-79162/
When I try to read it my brain starts to mis-fire.

I was in the same boat as you , I have a 2012 with the rockford fosgate, I was going to change out my head unit with a pioneer/kenwood double din with nav but all the research I did still lead me to you will loose one or some steering wheel function('s) with the connector/modulator.... I believe you loose the answer phone button on the steering wheel.
Also with the stock rockford fosgate system I have apparently the OHM rating on the stock speakers are not the standard 4 ohm like with a pioneer/kenwood. I believe the stock stereo is 2 ohm? And when you install a nice pioneer/kenwood type head unit it does not sound quite right with the 2 ohm stock speakers, then you have to change out all your speakers to 4 ohm.

In the end I just velcro'ed a 10" samsung tablet over the top of my stock stereo and plug the audio headphone "out" of the tablet to the aux "in" on the lower dashboard of the truck.

Maybe one of the audio guru's on the forum can prove me wrong or have better info...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts