Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Frontier 2WD CrewCab Midnight Edition came with the factory Rhino bed lining and the aluminum bed rails have a long plastic piece that covers them on each side. But what's missing at the end? Is there a part missing?

They keep sliding down after a drive.....see pic

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nothing is missing they are made to slide out easily so you can access the track. They are mainly to keep dirt and debris from rendering the track useless but it is a common complaint for them to slide while driving and make noises.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Yep nothing goes there and I agree they do slide back and forth. Could just slap a small piece of duct tape under there somewhere to keep it from moving probably but it never bothered me

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine came out immediately. I believe they are gone. I do not miss them. I use the tracks often. Clearing them is not difficult.

I mean, no. There is nothing missing, that’s how it comes. Throw away the plastic cover things if you use your truck for truck stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
arghhh - that you for the replies. I would have never guessed. It seems like Nissan could have figured something out in the design stage.

Oh well, besides tape, if someone knows of a neat fix, that would be great to know.

·
Super Moderator
11,740 Posts
arghhh - that you for the replies. I would have never guessed. It seems like Nissan could have figured something out in the design stage.

Oh well, besides tape, if someone knows of a neat fix, that would be great to know.
A small piece of something non absorbent like a pool noodle will give it enough traction to hold it in place. Sponge works but gets and stays wet for a while.

Clint

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use my bed extender at times to haul lumber and even with the tail gate down I don't believe they can slide out since they will hit part of the tail gate. I'm just glad Nissan provides the spray bed liner and track system with allot of their trims. It was the deciding factor for me after I was looking at Rangers. I saw a XLT 4X4 that was pushing 38K. No power seats, no sunroof, no upgraded stereo, no leather. But the nail in coffin was the dealer said I would have to pay over 1K to put a spray bed liner. Same day got a 19 pro 4X with the luxury package for 35K out the door. That should be standard on all trucks for what they charge.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,402 Posts

You could cut the strip a little, and use a well nut and domed bolt at the end of the rails. Picture a small hold-down, like what comes with the truck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I put a small piece of rubber under each of the "feet" of the bed extender. Stopped the movement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts