Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anotherwords, the volant intake system is crap.

I read so much issues with them... error codes, oxygen sensor damage, poor built quality, not standard install, and even worse performance.

Stick a K&N filter in and you'll get all the benefit you need from air flow. Want to go faster? Mash the gas pedal harder and you will go faster than anyone on the road.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I spoke with my dealer about CAI while I was getting my oil change.

Dealer reports people have had issues (namely oxygen sensor damage and engine lights) due to "VOLANT" CAI installs. THE TECHS STATES THESE PROBLEMS ARE USUALLY DUE TO INCORRECT INSTALL.

Lastly, I was told that if a dealer installs a NISMO CAI (nissan labor and nissan part), there will be NO issues with warranty.

Bottom line: If you have a fairly new truck (which should be everyone gen 2...hopefully everyone here got the extended warranty...) and are concerned with warranty, ONLY GET THE NISMO CAI AND ONLY GET IT INSTALLED AT YOUR DEALER. On a note, it is not recommended to install such mods on newer vehicles (less than 20k miles).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.