Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As titled. I will add that I just got a new trany under warenty about 30 days prior. And lately Iv'e notice under braking when coming to a stop from like 15 mph and slower...coming from the front, possibly the wheels? It sounds like whoom, whoom, whoom. And even the repition sounds like 1 whoom for every rotation of the tires. Maybe wheel bearings?

Plus it will whoom on me if i'm not on the brakes but just turning sharp, but still under 15mph or so. WTF? And this is only at low speed. I don't feel anything in the brake pedal or in the steering. I have stock size tires that are made by michelin. It didn't make this noise before.

Any help would be great, Im out of warrenty in just a few K miles.

Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Back in the day I heard a sound like that on my buddies s-10 4wd when the u-joint was getting sloppy...it was more clanky/clangy but its easy to check at least. Put truck in neutral and block wheels, crawl underneath and try moving the front drive-shaft back and forth feeling for slop, might as well check the rear while you are there

·
Registered
644 Posts
Are you sure it isn't more like wooo wooo?

:mrgreen: Sorry man, i couldn't resist. I don't know what the problem could be. Is the sound like a hum? Warped rotors or burn spots on them?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Tires.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
He said that when he stops he notices it, my thinking is rotor warp.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I hear it during brakeing and if Im turning sharp with no brakes.
I'm leaning tords tires but not sure. I'm afraid the dealer will blame
the tires and if that's not it I'm screwed when the real problem is found
warranty is all most up. But woulnt tires make noise all the time?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
sorry i cant help with the current sittuation but what did the dealer say about the custom jordo metal rims dude:)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry i cant help with the current sittuation but what did the dealer say about the custom jordo metal rims dude:)
LOL! I just had it there to get the trany replaced, and I got know comments. I was a little bumed, I thought I would get some sort of feed back on them.
I was just happy I got a new tranny for $0.

But now this noise, a week after the trany goes in which was 2 months before the rear diff was replaced under warrenty. It looks like the timeing gears and chain, (or what ever that common warrenty fix was) was done already and the sending unit on the fuel tank was replaced already.

Honestly I do love my truck, but I am starting to fall out of love...for sure.

This was the first vehicle I EVER owned that didn't make you feel like a failure as a person to drive! The first on that I owned that you couldnt see the road at your feet when you drove! LOL!
So after spending $17K on this truck all I wanted was for it to be issue free(all other vehicles were constant matianence) It didn't have to be the coolest the biggest or the fastest, just consistant. And so far, not so good.

whats your vote? Should I get out of it? Get a diffrent one?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
its up to you man you have had a lot of problems though what u gonna get if you dont keep the fronty ??

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
This was the first vehicle I EVER owned that didn't make you feel like a failure as a person to drive! The first on that I owned that you couldnt see the road at your feet when you drove! LOL!
So after spending $17K on this truck all I wanted was for it to be issue free(all other vehicles were constant matianence) It didn't have to be the coolest the biggest or the fastest, just consistant. And so far, not so good.

whats your vote? Should I get out of it? Get a diffrent one?
Unsubscribe to this topic. I can't help this guy.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its up to you man you have had a lot of problems though what u gonna get if you dont keep the fronty ??
Well, when I'm hearing the noise, I'm all... Toyota, here I come! But once I calm down a little, and think about it I like what I have done to my truck, I think its perfect, the, lay out, styling, POWER, and everything eles is just what i'm looking for. So the worst case senario would be go back to the dealer... throw a total hissy fit, (fall on the ground and cry if need be,LOL)
Loose my ***, and trade it in an a diffrent one, and be aloud to swap wheels.
(I'm not going through that painting hassle again).

What do you think? Would it be a $ mistake? Think I would loose to much?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
What was that for?
Dont worry about it man. So what in the world dog. Why in the name is this truck causing you so many problems ? If i was you i would immediately get ahold of a Nissan representative and discuss every single problem you have had. Expecially with the items you had to get replaced due to a faulty product. Im hoping you have pictures because what it seems to me you have is a lemon.

Then speak with your attorney over the matter. Im sorry to hear this keeps happening to you.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I'll call them today, and let you know what they said. If I had to guess... They will tell me to piss off.
I talked with Nissan corp about my paint and they were professional about it. The women was a world of help.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
There are several issues with your truck.

First, it seems that the sound occurs when the front suspension is under stress, i.e. braking or turning. This seems to be an easy diagnosis and fix. My bet is a bad wheel bearing. Whatever it is, it's unrelated to the tranny fix.

A 2005 is still a young truck and warrants investment to fix.

The lemon law is of no help since the vehicle is not new.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are several issues with your truck.

First, it seems that the sound occurs when the front suspension is under stress, i.e. braking or turning. This seems to be an easy diagnosis and fix. My bet is a bad wheel bearing. Whatever it is, it's unrelated to the tranny fix.

A 2005 is still a young truck and warrants investment to fix.

The lemon law is of no help since the vehicle is not new.
I agree 100% that the trany fix and what i'm hearing now are unrelated. And I when down the same diag. thought as you about the suspension being under a load, for the noise to be heard.

Your second comment about if its worth fixing or not was my question.
FYI I just got off the phone with nissan and they said "of corse we will fix it, but lets wait and see what it is before we talk about trade in's".

My conceren is... do I have a dud. Its had over its share in repaires already, and I don't want to pay $17K for this truck AND have to pay for repairs when the warrenty runs out in 5K miles.

To sum it up... Is my truck have an un-acceptabile amount of repairs and its a red flag. Get out now?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts