Nissan Frontier Forum banner

My trip to BJs Wholesale club

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  dana44 
#1 ·
So it was time to replace the BFG OEMs I shopped around and got the best price for some Michelin LTX M/S2. B J wholesale club, where I was a little nervous buying tires from a place that sells whip cream and odd size clothing but the prophylactics are located pretty close to the tire department so I gave them a shot.

They F up all my rims, the manager told me he would take care of it just give him the price from a Nissan dealer. I returned a few minutes later from the dealer down the street and watch the manage face drop. $1717.62. He told me he had to call the home office and would get back to me tomorrow. It is documented in writing on the service ticket.

If I don’t hear back tomorrow I will dispute the bill on the card. Live and learn.

#4 ·
I am guessing the mounting machine nicked each spoke about 1-2 inches from the outside of the rim.

This is normal if they don't adjust the machine and is totally their fault.

I would stick to your guns and they will make it right. Just don't start jumping on your CC with a dispute claim. It could come back wrong and you may get free tires but you may not get new rims or your warranty with the tires.

Side Note: BJs, Costos and Sams usually seem to have good prices in theri tire department. Sams also includes a rotation every 7.5k for free. It is worth it in my book but screwed up rims are just stupid.

#6 · (Edited)
As stated the day before by BJ wholesale Club Management that I would get a call yesterday. No calls were made by them and when I called the Manager refused to talk to me. I got through to someone on second shift who looked into the problem and stated that they can not deal with these problems at the local level. That someone will contact me by next Tuesday from corporate.

#7 ·
Dude that's probably a complete lie. I bet they are just trying to give you the run-around to make the whole thing go away. If I were you I'd go back in there and plant myself in the manager's office and not leave till he got me results.

#13 ·
they may not honor a verbal agreement made by a mid level manager on a whim, especially before he/she found out the price.

this sucks dana, really sorry to hear that. the hunter tire mounting machines we used at the dealership had rubber pads on them and therefore never scratched anything (though if there was a good amount of dust on them, they might need to be cleaned afterwards, we usually added in a free quick wash as a gift for buying tires from us lol, covered up the issue). if they aren't using something comparable in this day and age (our machines were ooolllldddd) then :thatswck:

#15 ·
having the wheels refinished by a reputable company is not really a bad thing. i have had wheels fixed (curb damage, bad finish etc) and they come out looking brand new. the wheels arent structurally damaged in any way and to replace them with new OEM is a bit extreme in my eyes. if they will pay to have them refinished and to have the tires remounted somewhere that isnt going to ruin them i would go for that. make sure they put something on your truck so your still rolling while the wheels get refinished tho

#16 ·
As stated above, refinished wheels are fine as long as the wheel isn't physically damaged (no cracks or deep scrapes or etc...). Are they going to re-finish your current wheels or are they going to have a refinished set waiting for you?

Side Note: I would also push for an extreme discount on the tires once they finally fix the rims to compensate you for you time and mental anguish, lol.

#17 ·
After a few weeks of back and forth emails,yesterday BJs had the local Nissan dealer install the wheels. one of the TPMS was cross threaded and would not come off. BJs paid for that also. Too much time spent on my part to resolve their problem for me to shop there again for tires.

#18 ·
Atleast they fixed it even thou it took forever. I would suggest discount tire or tire rack or etc.. the next time you are looking for tires. You may also find that a local shop can match the price.

The only good part is that if you go back there, just remind them of last time and if anything is wrong, raise hell, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.