2007 Frontier KC Nismo
Alpine IXA W407
Alpine PDX 5
Alpine Imprint
Focal 165 KRX2 Components
Focal PolyGlass v2
Kenwood KFCXW-1000F sub
2 Bulks of Dynamat(50pounds) w/Full Dynaliner

I must say after tinkering with stereos for 17 years and going through numerous high dollar systems, this system by far is the best I have done and heard. I did the complete install myself and took no shortcuts on the quality of the install.

I stripped the entire cab and dynamatted and dynaliner everything exept behind the main dashboard.

The quality of sound and the dsp processing is amazing, it is however biased to the drivers seat. With the imprint you dont have to tune anything, just hook it up to the laptop and let it auto tune itself with the microphone. Im still amazed with the system everytime I drive my truck, I have ZERO regrets for the money spent and the time it took to dynamat the truck. The sound time alignement is unreal!!!

Just a note, I bought just about everything through ebay for extremly good prices, so I dont have the warranty from Focal but who cares.

·
Registered
219 Posts
looks good. i love my focal a1's

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
cool system, wish i had dynomatted my truck

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I absolutely love the imprint processing, ive been through numerous dsp processing through the years and all of them need a lot of user tuning, the imprint needs none.

My low end is great, I used to be a bass head unfortunatly now my ears are all banged up from pounding my american bass back in the day. I prefer a very high fidelity system with balanced bass, rather then what I used to like 13 years ago.

I turned my sub gain down quite a bit when I did the imprint and cranked it back up after. I for one am very very happy with the imprint system.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow 8 years later already, where did all that time go?...So fast...Omg I was in my early 30s back when I made this thread....A wee lad

Im overhauling my stereo as it was always underpowered with the pdx 5, I almost bought a pdx v9 and underpowered my system again but thanks to xOttox suggestion I ordered a open box Arc Audio 1200.6....

As my headunit and imprint is probably way outdated by now I wanted to change my headunit and take out the old imprint and alpines age old useless backup camera...

Im thinking of putting in a new kenwood headunit maybe a DMX7705S that are releasing in 2 weeks..
DMX7705S 2-Din Digital Media Receiver with Bluetooth & HD Radio | Navigation and Multimedia | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

or a more basic DPX503BT
DPX503BT 2-Din CD Receiver with Bluetooth | Receivers | Car Entertainment | KENWOOD USA

Ok I do not have a smart phone so a lot of the fancy units do me no good, I just use a usb stick, and I live on a tiny island so no gps needed...Would going for a more basic DPX503BT give me reduced sound quality of those more expensive dvd receivers, av units etc...? So many new names I dont even know where to begin as to the differance between dvd receivers, receivers, nav multimedia blah lah...

Suggestions for a future proof unit to last me to my next truck and take advantage of my focal speakers and my labor installing the dynamat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The left sub channel screeches as soon as the radio powers on, the right channel plays fine,i cannot bridge the sub as it also screeches

��

Edit
I just wrote about my sub channel screeching...I realize after looking at pics that the sub channel has quick disconnects...

I removed the quick disconnect thinking a short in a quick disconnect and wired it directly just to make direct contact with the amp terminals and it worked...Bridged worked and left channel...

I tested the quick disconnects with my ohm meter and it is fine, so I reinstalled the quick discoonects and it works fine now.....

I do not know why I was getting loud screeching before I removed the quick disconnects and tinkered..Quite frankly im puzzled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts