Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hounding Jim for the last 10 days, I got an e-mail this afternoon with tracking numbers for each of my skids!!! Ordered Jan. 21st and shipped March 11th. Not too bad-at least not for Shrock. Side note-NXrocks skids shipped 3 wks from payment and quality too!!! Can't wait!!!!!:fantastic:

·
Registered
194 Posts
thats really fast for shrock. got mine in about 4 months time. enjoy the plates.
:fantastic:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FedEx delivered my late christmas presents today!! Holy Sh*t!!! I didn't realize how thick they are. Gotta get some paint on them and bolt them up this weekend. I AM STOKED!!!:fantastic:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Let me know how the install goes. Been thinking about a set myself. Did you get fully decked out set or bits and pieces?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how the install goes. Been thinking about a set myself. Did you get fully decked out set or bits and pieces?
Install looks straight forward. Two holes need to be drilled to install the engine skid. I bought everything but the rad skid. I may get that at a later time. I wanted to cover everything at one time. Shrock as well as NXrocks offer a discount if you order 3 or more skids at one time. Money well spent for piece of mind.

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
What will you paint them with? Bedliner material?
Will they paint or powdercoat them for you at Shrockworks?

Clint

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congratz ! Can't wait to see em'. Gimme a call if you run into a problem. You know i'll be doing my lift/steering this weekend too.

Maybe we can hit Wharton (pine barrens) soon to test out our new toys before GWNF.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What will you paint them with? Bedliner material?
Will they paint or powdercoat them for you at Shrockworks?

Clint
I believe Shrock will powdercooat them for a fee, but everyone I've talked to say to just spray them yourself as they will get scratched up and you'll have to repaint them occasionally to keep them from rusting. Wipe them down with acetone, then I'm gonna prime them, then spray them with a silver hammertone type paint. A little bling for the underside!! I'll put up some pics when I'm done.

Congratz ! Can't wait to see em'. Gimme a call if you run into a problem. You know i'll be doing my lift/steering this weekend too.

Maybe we can hit Wharton (pine barrens) soon to test out our new toys before GWNF.
I'll give u a call Saturday. And yes regarding Wharton!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I believe Shrock will powdercooat them for a fee, but everyone I've talked to say to just spray them yourself as they will get scratched up and you'll have to repaint them occasionally to keep them from rusting. Wipe them down with acetone, then I'm gonna prime them, then spray them with a silver hammertone type paint. A little bling for the underside!! I'll put up some pics when I'm done.

I'll give u a call Saturday. And yes regarding Wharton!!!
Hey now, I picked up a rear diff skid plate along with the other toys. I painted that along with my new shocks, UCA's and Idler arm brace with Rustoleum black hammered. You can use the Rustoleum hammered directly on the metal if you want to cut out a step and if you scuff the metal before cleaning with some fine sandpaper, it will stick better 4 ya. Just did the last coat on everything today.

Parking the truck and riding my bike the rest of the week. Probably doing the steering component install wed or fri night to free up time saturday in case I run into any snags. Heard possible light rain sun ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did my install yesterday in the 75 degree temp. Thank you God!!! Everything went pretty well except trying to hang the rear of the engine skid under the front of the trans. skid. A little awkward for one person, but I got it!!! I'll post pics when it stops raining----Wednesday!!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Everything went pretty well except trying to hang the rear of the engine skid under the front of the trans. skid.
you are going to love doing that once or twice a year.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did my install yesterday in the 75 degree temp. Thank you God!!! Everything went pretty well except trying to hang the rear of the engine skid under the front of the trans. skid. A little awkward for one person, but I got it!!! I'll post pics when it stops raining----Wednesday!!
Aw c-mon, you're gonna' let a little thing like heavy rain get in the way :moon: ? You want me to take the bus over (since my truck is still out of order) with my waterproof camera and my ramps ? We can drive your truck up on them and snap away while getting soaked in this crazy rain.

Waiting to see some good pix of these. They look like they have awesome coverage. Let's go get em' dirty !

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts