Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright you guys I did this last week along with my intake and headers and just got around to doing a little write up on it. I got two red led piranha bars from a site called oznium and also used that scion switch that fits right in the blank next to the cargo light switch. I basically just pulled my positive 12v and ground right off the back of one of the front 12v lighter plugs. If you just pull out the glove box it is easily accessible. I just used two quick splices there and routed that to the switch to get my ground and power. Then I mounted the right underdash light and connect the - and + to the left underdash bar. Then I connected the positive to the switch and quickspliced another ground off the original. It was a really easy install for very cheap and is of exceptional quality. The bars I got are encased in acrylic and very durable. I just mounted them with zipties on ones side and 3M tape and the brackets on the drivers side. If your looking to do a simple underdash install that you can turn on or off manually whether the truck is on or off I highly recommend this. I love it!

Here are some links the led bars that come in multiple colors and the scion switch that fits right in the blank.

Piranha Bar
Scion OEM Style LED Rocker Switch

And here is a simple diagram of my wiring and some pictures. Its hard to get a good picture of these things, but trust me they look really good and are very bright.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That Looks Nice Man... I May End Up Doing This And Also Puting Some In The Cargo Bed

·
Registered
424 Posts
They look awesome man! Nice write up as well. :goodjob:

Now it's time to change out the instrument cluster LEDs from that ugly amber to sizzlin' red as well! [/COLOR]

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look awesome man! Nice write up as well. :goodjob:

Now it's time to change out the instrument cluster LEDs from that ugly amber to sizzlin' red as well! [/COLOR]
Thanks guys. And yah that would look pretty sick. I went with red underdash lights because I felt blue wouldnt go well well the amber gauges. They have amber led bars, but I think red looks better and contrasts with the amber and red needles better. I could swap out the instrument cluster leds one day though. Thanks for the comments guys. This is a really cheap and easy quality setup I think for anyone that wants to do it. You could also buy two more bars to back up under the seats to light up the back. I just didnt do that cause I have a king cab and nobody ever really sits back there that often.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like your underdash led Idea. I am thinking of the same thing only trigered by opening the doors and I am going orange.:goodjob:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like your underdash led Idea. I am thinking of the same thing only trigered by opening the doors and I am going orange.:goodjob:
Sick. That would be cool.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice setup man! Been thinking bout doing the backseats too but just figuring out a way to run the wires and to attach the bars to the bottom of the seats.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Check the fist link in my signature below for how to make them operate when the doors open and close.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
pretty cool, i have leds in my MRAP that can be white or red with the flick of a switch. i use the red so i don't mess up my night vision, course the MRAP is a 37,000 pound military vehicle and i am 7000 miles away from my truck right now...

·
Registered
424 Posts
pretty cool, i have leds in my MRAP that can be white or red with the flick of a switch. i use the red so i don't mess up my night vision, course the MRAP is a 37,000 pound military vehicle and i am 7000 miles away from my truck right now...
Thank you for your service to our country! Your Frontier is ready and waiting for you when you come home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.