Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well bought me a xj today for $500 is kind of a project but id rather smash a jeep into the rocks than my fronty :)

the good

detroit locker in the rear(open front)five inch lift 33's and aftermarket bumpers and doesnt leak oil or tranny fluid

the bad

it overheats and has the infamous jeep death wobble and some wiring issues and the body is beat to hell

sounds bad but not really that bad the death wobble is prob from not fixing the steering with the lift and the overheating im gonna upgrade the cooling system from a newer xj should be just fine heres the pics let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think so bumpers and detroit locker are worth more than that plus local pick-n-pull loves these lots of jeep guys round here

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
superlift coils/rancho shocks in the front and some ghetto home made stuffin the rear blocks,shackles,and flat stock springs

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice! Solid axles!! that should be a fun project..i'm actually in the process of looking for a 4x4 rig to wheel also (in place of thrashing the fronty) ...i've been looking into xterras, rodeos, jeeps and yotas.

Those rear shackles and blocks look...interesting. lol.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Sweet! I guess the Titan Swap is a no go? Are you going to lock the front? Looks like you'll have a lot of fun!

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
holy shat! hope you plan on getting rid of those blocks and home made shackles asap!

·
Registered
227 Posts
dude 500 bucks you cant beat that!

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
get rid of that goofy jeep track bar and get a straight tie rod. get the draglink parallel with the track bar and a slight toe out, and that should get rid of the wobble. untill then, use caution when going over angled dips/bumps.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Nice rig man, cant wait to see the updates.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah everything in the rear has got to go ima order some new springs for the rear and shop around for the steering parts i gotta fix the overheating prob first or steering doesnt do me any good but im happy to have something i can thrash should be good to go in no time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts