Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i picked up my truck from the dealership on january 22nd at 86000kms, and today, on the 16th of febuary it was over due for an oil change at 93000kms, i went into the dealership looking for an oil change and some answers to a couple questions, only to find out (and i'm in canada here, folks) the oil change cost me $30 (which blew my mind, my old 4 cylinder car would end up costing more) and they did a general "check up" of everything and so far nothing wrong.

i love this truck :D after reading some of the problems on this site, i got scared it would be a problem truck, my old car my 1996 suzuki x90 served me well as a off roader, a show car, and a daily driver (all in that order) and i drove it up until 280 000kms with NO problems... she still runs, but i got her tore apart right now to put in a v6, and a lift kit and use it as a offroader again.

anyway, not that theres anything wrong with my fronti, just got to say i love this truck, it has been good to me so far! and the gas mileage isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. just givin' a little frontier love today lol

Robyn:fantastic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Congrats on the truck.
Yea, the list of "problems" can be a bit overwelming for new owners, but its aways best to be informed of stuff "that may go wrong". I'm not worried about it myself, but if I hear any whining, or a feel a funny shift pattern, off it goes to the dealer before the 100 km powertrain warrenty dumps out.
I've had my truck for just over a year now, and my biggest worry is, that I havent taken it in for any warrenty service. Go Figure !!

Great truck ...enjoy ..

d-mo

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
dang that little red suzuki is pretty sexy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, i still miss driving my suzuki, it gave me a thrill in driving i don't think i'll ever find again.... but soon she will be ressurected lol

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Anyone else besides me wondering if that little red ride will fit in the bed of the fronty???

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
I saw one SASed at the last morongo basin SAR event. it was probably on 37's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that little suzuki is tight! Is it 4x4? I demand a build with no less than 33's and solid axels :)

lol, yes its 4x4, and i have to say, that suzuki could get through anything, i've rolled it offroading, i've written it off twice (both not my fault, the first time i hit black ice and ran it into a telephone poll, and the second time someone hit me) it will be a few more years before i get this car ressurected, but i promise it will have at least 33's lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

it's the same as the side kick/tracker isn't it.

its the same frame/axles/motor/underbody of a sidekick (or the GM wanna be trackers lol) there are slight differences, but overall the interior is the same (except for the missing back seat of course)

the 1.6 engine it came with only could produce around 75 horse power, provided your motor has been cleaned out and is in good shape, but they are really torquey--- great pulling power. the ppl who owned it before me lived on a farm and towed a horse trailer with it, with no transmission or frame issues.

mine is a standard, the automatic transmissions are really gutless in these. the 4wd is a gear shift also, but its NOT on the fly shifting. i kind of prefer that set up more. with the frontier it seems if i got stuck in 2 wheel drive the only way i could get it in 4 wheel drive is if i was moving??? i dunno, it seems to take a while for my 06 frontier to get out of 4 wheel drive.... i wonder how easy it would be to rig up a stick for the transfer case? i have a feeling these frontier transfer cases are going to be bastards. :crikey:

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
yeah I have problems getting out of 4lo and have to back up.. If you want and have the money you can put an atlas t-case in..

I have always kind of liked those little 'zukis.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts