Nissan Frontier Forum banner

My new exhaust - Edelbrock.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  speedfoos 
#1 ·
I needed to fix my truck. Exhaust was leaking and rattling so I decided to upgrade at the same time. I hate working on exhaust without a lift and hopefully I won't have to do this again soon.

Because of the way the gas tank and spare sit, I won't be able to run true duals on this truck without some stupid routing. Instead, I got an Edelbrock SDT muffler with dual 2.25" in and a single 3" exit. This coupled with new tubing - a $100 2.25" builders kit from Mandrel Bending Solutions, flex couplers, flanges, gaskets and everything else is going to run me about $400 shipped and I still need to weld it up myself. That's OK because it will be a complete custom kit, but its still $400 that I didn't want to spend.

Here's what I ordered:

Fast forward after the magic elves did all the work yesterday and today....

Done (mostly) and painted.

Tuckin 3".....

......and clearin' the spare. Very important.

Uber stealth.

And a little video. No drive-by shots, but this gives you an idea of what it sounds like. Needless to say this was a pain in the ***. I hate working on the exhaust of this truck. Plus my nozzle on my welder went on the fritz and I couldn't find a new one that was close to home on a Sunday. Oh well, its done, doesn't leak and sounds good.

See less See more
#8 ·
It seems to have a bit more power throughout the RPM range, but that's kind of like saying "Grandpa can really gum down on applesauce a lot better than he can on pudding,". This truck is an underpowered pig. I imagine it would do a bit better with a set of VG30 cams on top of the exhaust upgrade, but I have other projects to work on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.