Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Recently purchased a 09 D40 Diesel Navara Ute after owning and R51 petrol Pathfinder..

So far so good, but can't believe I had to buy a tailgate lock and a torneau cover :-(

Paul

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
welcome to CF. post some pic's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Thanks for the warm welcome... Am thinking about replacing the current radio with one from Ebay that has GPS, MPS etc etc etc..

Anyone had any experience with these?

Paul

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome, and sorry no experience with e-bay but I love my Alpine with nav and DVD.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm going with the Kenwood DNX-6140 DD head unit with integated Garmin navi, XM & iPOD interface for my new SE crew. The word I'm hearing is the Garmin 750, the Nissan preferred model, is sliggish at best. Cost for the Kenwood, all things considered isn't that much more than all the parts to get the stock stereo up to the same functionality. $100 rebate from Kenwood right now too.

You can get it (the DNX-6140) on eBay for under $800. I'm paying $949 retail in conjunction with getting a tonneau cover, bug shield, maybe a HomeLink mirror, and all installed so they're giving me a break on some of it, plus the $100 rebate because they're an authorized dealer.

In case you're interested, there's also a Garmin 750, Nissan-packaged, currently on eBay for $299, supposedly new, in box, with free shipping....

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have some limited ebay experience, but I don't know about the item that you are looking at.

Welcome.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have some limited ebay experience, but I don't know about the item that you are looking at.

Welcome.
I just checked and there are actually three listed. One is new in box for $299 shipped, another says it's new but opened, it's at $15 with no reserve, and there's another, actually there are four.

Search for nissan garmin 750 and they'll come up. The thing is no one seems to know if what is listed for Versa and Rogue will work in a Frontier. But if you read about the Frontier GPS mount kit it says it will take any Garmin 750 series GPS.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Good luck on the auction. I have made a few really good deals on ebay, some others "not so much".

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've bought and sold over 900 items on eBay with only one knucklehead issue. If you check out their rating and avoid people with bad or few ratings, you're usually okay. I've even boight stuff from Korea, China, virtually all over the world. On a few occasions something wasn't as advertised or was damaged, and it was taken care of.

That doesn't suggest I recommend buying somthing like this. I prefer to have stuff that cuts into my vehicle professionally installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts