Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, truck is going under the knife on Monday. I bought my '08 Crew Cab brand new 4 miles on the clock a little over a year ago. I use it daily as a delivery truck (I'm the only driver it's had other than my wife) In the truck defense it gets used to haul 600-800 lbs +/- daily and since the day I brought it home. The bed in short is never empty, I pull some steep hills at least twice a week and drive moderately. Anyway my wife drove my Frontier a month ago and while following me in one of our other trucks and said "Your Frontier feels funny, like the engine is jerking" Since I'm in it daily I never thought about it. Scenario, I take off from a dead stop 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and I can feel the motor bounce or shift, feels like a knock but there is no sound. Took it in last week sure enough my motor mounts are both toast, but the dealer is only replacing one first. Anyone else have a similar problem.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
First time I heard of that on a 2nd Gen. I can't believe that 6-800 lbs broke the engine mounts, even if you haul that on a daily basis. That amount of weight is well within factory specs. (I'm not doubting you, just surprised)

Why is the dealer only replacing one?

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Haven't had motor mount issues on frontier. Had motor mount issues on S10 in past. Let me as you this question. Do you drive "washboard" dirt roads a lot?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have around 500-700 lbs in my bed all the time, no issues with motor mounts. The truck hardly gets off the pavement, I don't drive it hard nor do I baby it. I am wondering if it is something to do with the location you are in, or possibly just plain defective from the start.

You being in Folsom, I can't imagine that environment would harsh enough for a failure.

What was the reasoning for the dealer to only replace one?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have around 500-700 lbs in my bed all the time, no issues with motor mounts. The truck hardly gets off the pavement, I don't drive it hard nor do I baby it. I am wondering if it is something to do with the location you are in, or possibly just plain defective from the start.

You being in Folsom, I can't imagine that environment would harsh enough for a failure.

What was the reasoning for the dealer to only replace one?
If you know the Folsom area, I work mostly from Placerville to Folsom, so I'm always starting the truck with a heavy load going up hill etc.. I don't drive easy, make no mistake my Frontier is 100% enlisted from day one as a "work truck" I've done the brake test with the hood up and just lightly applied gas and my engine shifts violently left and right when going from drive to rev. So I know both side are toast but the dealer said the tech put a pry bar on both sides and said only one side appears out of spec. We will see, if the motor still jumps around in the engine bay on Monday when I pick it up I'm not going to be a happy camper. In the trucks defense I don't think Nissan tested the trucks when they were protoypes with 600-800 in the box for 30K miles, but still it's a truck it should be able to take it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
[snip]... I don't drive easy, ...[snip]
Asked earlier about washboard roads. Here's the reason. When on travels faster on them, they seem smoother. It also stresses the vehicle more to do this. So, constant travel on bad roads, or travel on bad roads at a slightly higher speed, could cause motor mounts to fail. How are your shocks holding up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts