Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got some pretty good snow last night in NC here. Probably 6" or so on the ground and been sleeting today which means ICE tommorow.

The Dunlop AT20's (245/75R16) are really good in the white stuff and the LSD helps out too.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
your frontier needs a shave. it has wiskers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its not the snow that gets ya, its the salt/slag on the roads after the snow melts away.

Good looking truck, where in the Great North State are you?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Greensboro. I have a feeling the roads will be ICE tommorow....wondering if I'll make it to Church or not.

·
Registered
146 Posts
we got around 7 inches or so, ive been playin in it all day

·
Registered
578 Posts
im in youngsville (just north of raleigh) and we got about 6 or so inches and i've been playing all day. im gonna upload a bunch of pics tomorrow. idk about where youre at but it has been icy and crap here. I hope to pull the mailman out from in front of my house it was so bad

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Do you think your LSD works that good. I'm not too happy about mine. It's really no different than my open S10. It does have a little bite but not much.

I advise you not to be driving around tomorrow. I have friends that live in NC that are originally from Michigan and always complain about when they get a snow storm in NC the people have no idea how to drive in it. They mostly drive as if the roads are dry.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm staying in. So far, the LSD does help over an open diff. It's no Detroit Locker. I've noticed that when pulling out in rain on pavement I don't spin tires like my S10 did and it doesn't spin out as much in the snow either but I use 4WD and drive slow (15-25mph) in town in this snow.ice crap.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Same here in Knightdale, we are pretty much stuck. I watched a neighbor in his H3 try to leave the 'hood' today. He made it halfway up the hill, then started to furiously slide back down. He quit after about 5 minutes. It is just ice now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The DOT made a mess out of the situation by trying to clean off the roads...all they did was leave a nice sheet of ice on the ones that they messed with.

That being said, I drove all over the Raleigh area today and had no issues whatsoever. Even helped with getting a girl's car out of the ditch on 440 right by Hillsborough St. It was fun to be in the ditch pulling a car out and having a Raleigh PD show up and ask "what do I need to block off?" just before getting his own patrol car stuck!

The roads will be the same for most of the day tomorrow as they were today. It never got above freezing and we had no sunshine either. Thus nothing really melted in the first place. The problem is that more people will "get brave" tomorrow (Sunday) and venture out when they should not. There were a lot of people driving around in vehicles that had no business on the roads. Monday will be worse since it will break the freezing mark tomorrow afternoon and we should have some sunshine to get things melting before it freezes tomorrow night.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's Sunday and sunny now. My street looks plowed but still snow covered. May venture out and see how bad they are later today but may just take a vacation day tommorow to be safe.

·
Registered
578 Posts
its been icy the whole time here. me and my friend went truck sledding and he got stuck twice (in a 4x4 trooper) just because there was so much ice under the snow. im gonna go out and play today but im out in the country a little and there shouldnt be many cars on the road. and ill be offroad most of the time anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts