Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ahoy! New owner of a 2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Extended Cab here, Pittsburgh based (not quite a Yinzer, I'm a transplant). I've driven cars my entire adult life, almost exclusively lemons costing $3k and less. A few years back I decided I wanted a compact truck, but didn't make the move - I bought a Civic from my Dad for financial reasons.

The Civic died. I needed a new vehicle. I was in the market for something ~10k, but I came across the vehicle I ultimately purchased and couldn't pass it up.

The Frontier is effectively brand new, came with ~4300 miles on it and it's spotless. I'm joining up since this is the first grown up car I've purchased and I'd like to take it seriously - and staying informed through groups like this I think is a good first step.

Enough of that - eye candy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The bed length was one of the things on my list. It's one of the reasons I preferred the ex cab over the crew, not to mention I've already got the add'l weight of the 4x to impact my mileage. The utilitrack thing is pretty nifty too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ahoy! New owner of a 2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Extended Cab here, Pittsburgh based (not quite a Yinzer, I'm a transplant). I've driven cars my entire adult life, almost exclusively lemons costing $3k and less. A few years back I decided I wanted a compact truck, but didn't make the move - I bought a Civic from my Dad for financial reasons.

The Civic died. I needed a new vehicle. I was in the market for something ~10k, but I came across the vehicle I ultimately purchased and couldn't pass it up.

The Frontier is effectively brand new, came with ~4300 miles on it and it's spotless. I'm joining up since this is the first grown up car I've purchased and I'd like to take it seriously - and staying informed through groups like this I think is a good first step.

Enough of that - eye candy!

What oRt of Pittsburgh ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Verona (near Oakmont) but I spend a lot of time in Moon (work) and the south side (lady).

·
Registered
197 Posts
I live in Verona (near Oakmont) but I spend a lot of time in Moon (work) and the south side (lady).
Cool . Do you plan on doing any mods to your truck ? I'm from the north hills but drive thru Verona every weekend . Also occasionally go drinking down south side

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, I hadn't really considered it until I was browsing the site here yesterday. I don't want to commit to anything too crazy, because I'm not a mechanic of any kind (I can change oil/tires/batteries, but that's about it), but I definitely heard my wallet groan. This weekend I'll be in the Moon area most of the time I think, but if you wanna try to connect some time and get a beer, PM me and I'll shoot you my number.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You know, I hadn't really considered it until I was browsing the site here yesterday. I don't want to commit to anything too crazy, because I'm not a mechanic of any kind (I can change oil/tires/batteries, but that's about it), but I definitely heard my wallet groan. This weekend I'll be in the Moon area most of the time I think, but if you wanna try to connect some time and get a beer, PM me and I'll shoot you my number.[/QUOTE/] any certain bars you go to ? Did you buy that Nissan at wright Nissan of Wexford ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been going to Pipers in the south side a bit lately, and I like the rivertowne inn in Verona. I bought it at Pittsburgh East Nissan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts