Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

Just purchased my first truck. The big hail storm in Denver totaled my 2012 Chevy Sonic. It wasn't the worst timing as I had been eyeballing a few trucks for a while. Living in Colorado, I have always dealt with the snow in small cars and it was a great way to learn how to drive in it. I love to take advantage of the outdoors and it was time to get a truck. I went with the 2016 SV 4x4 Crew Cab. Very happy with my purchase so far and I have been exploring some mod options. I had to get involved in this forum as the Frontier Reddit page is a bit lacking. I've enjoyed checking out some of the rigs you all have on the site and I look forward to being a part of this community!

Here she is

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome to the truck world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome man. That storm was a beast. I've had two cars totaled because of the hail here. Got stuck in traffic on wadsworth and got pelted by golf ball sized hail. The next one I still have but it got beat to hell when I lived in Littleton. I only had a few thousand miles on it too at the time. I'm hoping my new pro 4x doesn't get beat to hell in any of these storms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome man. That storm was a beast. I've had two cars totaled because of the hail here. Got stuck in traffic on wadsworth and got pelted by golf ball sized hail. The next one I still have but it got beat to hell when I lived in Littleton. I only had a few thousand miles on it too at the time. I'm hoping my new pro 4x doesn't get beat to hell in any of these storms.
It looks like it is going to be the most expensive storm in Denver history. https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2017/05/24/hailstorm-battered-denver-likely-colorados-costliest-ever/102108158/

I hope to never see something like that again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know. I read that this morning. It was a good one. The mall is still closed down from damage and man some folks cars were absolutely demolished. I suppose on the bright side anyone that was thinking of getting a Tacoma can probably get one for about 10k less now with all the damage the dealership up there took.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. I read that this morning. It was a good one. The mall is still closed down from damage and man some folks cars were absolutely demolished. I suppose on the bright side anyone that was thinking of getting a Tacoma can probably get one for about 10k less now with all the damage the dealership up there took.
That's for sure. My Sonic had over 14k in damage. But turned out for the best. I'm here now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah man. You chose wisely. I'm loving my truck. Got some minor mods in mind but they'll have to wait until next year I think. Plus I'm really hoping to finally start restoring my gramps old Willys jeep so I think I'll slowly build the truck up. Welcome again though man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts