Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally decided to take the frontier out and see what it could do bone stock :)

we went out and found a few different trails.
the first one was more of a slow trail, semi- crawling,
there were a few rough spots, but i made it out with only alittle mud insdie and out :)
here are a few pics:

here was the roughest spot. (pics dont really do it justice)

we had to build alittle "ramp" to make sure no body damage occured ;)

the second place was more prerunner type.
i ended up gettin a flat tire :(, but i threw the spare on and kept truckin...
went out with a buddy,
he just bought a taco (still has temp tags :) )

then down a few hills,

hopefully i will have the pics he took when he uploads them.

here is what the truck looked like when i got home:

i can say i am pretty impressed,
for my first time taking my truck out, i think it did pretty good.
i think once i get better at driving (this is my first time driving/wheeling my own vehicle) im sure i can push it more.

i will also be asking a few questions about lifts and tires soon :)

comments are welcome :)

·
Banned
410 Posts
you'll learn these frontys own! the nismo i had went everywhere, it was deff better than the 00 i had for a while. your truck didnt even come close to getting pushed to its limits lol. nice pics thou! sucks about the flat tire, ive been there done that lol! welcome to the wonderful world of wheelin!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

btw, my truck is a 05 king cab, 4x4 6 spd, with ~ 7200 miles on it :)

we already passed a few trails that we plan on goin down next weekend (when i have another spare :) )

the trails are on teh outskirts of las vegas, if anyone is interested, your more then welcome to go with.
only requirement is to have fun :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Kelly, try Arizona, on the other side of the Dam. Some really nice trails about 20 miles past the dam on the left side. Good chance of some body damage if you don't have sliders, though.

Big rocks, silty soil, large holes, some quick up and downs. Watch out for Tacos though, they get stuck in Azirona dirt. :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
outlnder said:
Kelly, try Arizona, on the other side of the Dam. Some really nice trails about 20 miles past the dam on the left side. Good chance of some body damage if you don't have sliders, though.

Big rocks, silty soil, large holes, some quick up and downs. Watch out for Tacos though, they get stuck in Azirona dirt. :lol:
thanks,
ill deff have to check them out :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm pretty much amazed at how well these new frontiers do. It snowed out here in AZ at higher elevations a month or so ago, so I went out wheelin' in my truck, my bro and his friend drive fairly built fullsizes, and the only real thing that held me back at all was clearance issues. I personally watched a lifted F250 with chains try this snow covered hill three times before making it on the fourth attempt, somehow the frontier made it first try. Awesome truck, it's just got a few quirks the need to be worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts