Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday my son and I went on a little trail run. This is the first time I went off-road in the frontier. I have been four wheel driving since I was a kid with a break for most of the past 10 years. I want to teach my son (17yrs old) to four wheel drive the correct way (not the way I learned ::grin::). It just so happens that about half a mile from my house there is a mountain road the leads from south Reno to I-80 east of Sparks NV. The off road portion is about 11 miles. Only two sections did I need 4 low and lockers. I drove those parts but the majority he drove. He did really well and followed my directions on the best line to take.

Here are some pictures

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics. Have you been out to the Lagomarsino Petroglyphs? You were close to them.
No I haven't. At the gate to at the start I talked to a guy in a side by side that was going to go out to them with his family. I would like to go out to them the next time I do this trail. I also want to do a couple of side roads that present some harder obstacles.

Is part of this road where you took BCBrian on in the snow this past winter?

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Is part of this road where you took BCBrian on in the snow this past winter?

Yep. We started in Lockwood. The last few miles of your track mirror the first few miles of ours (that shelf road is HORRID when it's covered in snow and ice). Then we left your track and veered east to the petroglyphs and then south to VC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. We started in Lockwood. The last few miles of your track mirror the first few miles of ours (that shelf road is HORRID when it's covered in snow and ice). Then we left your track and veered east to the petroglyphs and then south to VC.
That is some rough section of road during the summer. I didn't air down my tires as I don't have a compressor yet and didn't know if there was a place in Lockwood that I could fill air up. I am about to order a compressor from Amazon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts