Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I've had my 2008 CC 4X4 for just over a month now and the first thing I did was install my Alpine iDA-X100 into it. Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iDA-X100

The iDA is a head unit that has no CD player... it is 100% solid state and you listen to music on it via a USB stick or iPod/iPhone etc..., I have also hooked up XM to it. The USB port is simply a USB cable that is plugged into the back of the head unit and a cable about a foot or so long that has a female USB port on it. Essentially you are to have the cable dangling out of your dash or in your glove box or something.

So, I decided to take it a different route and do a nice clean install. I used one of these:

So here is how it looks like, sorry for the quality of the pictures, I took them with my iPhone.

Alpine iDA-X100:

2nd Accessory Plug...or is it??:

USB Port behind the 2nd accessory plug!:

USB Stick in newly made mod! WOOT!:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is what I was going for. I basically just "JB Welded" the round USB port inside the accessory cap and it was done! Other than waiting for the JB Weld to cure, took no more than 2 minutes to make. I use it to charge my iPhone and other USB stuff as well.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If i knew of this head unit... man i would love to have something like this! my Alpine HU doesn't show the time and the song at the same time which bugs me. Also, its quite a pain to look for songs, plus when I do for some reason my iPod's shuffle mode gets turned off????

and that's probably somewhere I would've never thought of having a USB port... even having a 1st gen. that looks really clean and discrete...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i knew of this head unit... man i would love to have something like this! my Alpine HU doesn't show the time and the song at the same time which bugs me. Also, its quite a pain to look for songs, plus when I do for some reason my iPod's shuffle mode gets turned off????

and that's probably somewhere I would've never thought of having a USB port... even having a 1st gen. that looks really clean and discrete...
Well... I figured I ripped all my CDs into mp3s years ago...so why not go all digital/solid state. Really like the deck...almost the same as using an ipod...there are a few bugs/issues with it, but hopefully they come out with a firmware update. I am not having any issues, but I know some people are having issues hooking up their iPhones...mine works perfectly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey guys curious that usb plug came with the alpine or is that seperate piece purchased. that looks cool I would like to get something like that. care to share where you got the usb from?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
that usb install looks clean, good job

·
Registered
302 Posts
i just ordered this from crutchfield to replace my tired cda-9815, looks pretty nice...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like the hidden USB port. I'm almost ready to start upgrading the stereo and I'm thinking about going with a digital media receiver.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I want to go this rout... I like it man, great idea with the plug too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts