Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Frontier below. Its a 2000 Desert Runner. I bought it in 1999 and beat the crap out of the poor thing for 240k miles. See the water tank in the back? I hauled water in it because we had no well. When full that little Fronty would squat like a lowrider and then i would BLAST across the desert that would have made a trophy truck racer proud over unmaintained dirt roads, bouncing and sloshing water with a rooster tail of dust well across the desert floor. 25 miles to pavement, (24 today as a little was paved), and few servicing. I can count the oil changes on one had it had in its entire life.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
Welcome! Glad it's served you well. What are your plans for it? Restoration?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15 Posts
How long did it take you to get to 240k miles? Did it die, get put it out to stud, or did you sell it off?

Rob

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
I bought a new 04 late in the yr but i have no photos of it. Heres two others . . . The one on the right two pics is my 05 SE with the prerunner bumper. I busted the rr axle in it and was lucky to find a rr axle with the e-lockers from a nismo that was pulled to build a prerunner. The other one is my 11 S with a 4 cyl. It was a good little truck but I need at least one vehicle 4wd out here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long did it take you to get to 240k miles? Did it die, get put it out to stud, or did you sell it off?

Rob
I bought it in 99 and it tossed a chain in late 04 so I traded it in on a 04 king cab XE 4cyl, standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts