Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I gave in and bought my 5th Frontier crew cab, another silver long bed.
It's a bittersweet purchase as I loved my 6 speed but the suits at nissan wouldn't build me another long bed in a stick and I had 1 short bed and didn't fit my needs soooo, I'm driving an automatic for now.
I was interested in the upcoming 4 door Jeep Wrangler pickup but it's not due out until this time next year and it WILL be available in a 6 speed.
The upside is they offered .9% financing so it was like free money.
So that's the story for the next xxxxxx many miles.

Cliny

·
Premium Member
7,217 Posts
...and your opinion of the auto trans??

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a fine trans, it was also in my 2008 Frontier and 2007 Pathfinder but I always prefer a manual trans.

·
Admin
3,393 Posts
Congrats on #5 Clint!

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It makes no sense that they still will build a shortened crew cab in manual but not a long bed. If they feel that it's not an easy sell for dealer stock orders at least let us factory order it as a pre sold unit.
If I bought the short bed I'd need to pull my trailer more often due to missing the difference in length. I did give it serious thought.

Clint

·
Premium Member
7,217 Posts
Can the auto trans 'chirp' 3rd gear? :serious:/smh

(I chirped 4th...once. It was beautiful.)

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got my second Frontier. Traded my 07 for a 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats to you. What color and trim etc?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also on my fifth Nissan, though not all were Frontiers. I've had a '75, '85, '02, '07, and now a new '16, all pickups. All have been good little trucks for my needs/wants, which is light hauling on rare occasions, and deer hunting.

It doesn't take much of a pickup to haul a deer, plenty of folks do it out of cars, though I suspect they're not as successful at cleaning out the blood out of their trunks as I am at hosing out a truck bed>:D .

I had four bangers/manual transmissions until I bought the '07/6 cylinder. Age demands some concessions, as do bad knees. Besides, I like being comfortable nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice color, I recently saw one in a parking lot I was in.

Clint

·
Registered
62 Posts
It seems to make sense that people that wanted a long bed would also want a manual. You know, people who will actually be hauling stuff around and want the no frills, work horse type set up.... but hey I don't know anything.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Congrats on the new rig.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congrats on the new truck Clint, sorry you could not get exactly what you wanted. I am in a spot right now where I need to buy a new truck so that my son can buy mine from me, my problem is that I don't really want to buy essentially the same thing as I own right now. Unfortunately since the Frontiers have not advanced at all yet, it is pretty much out of the running for me. As much as I love my Fronty, need to buy something that I am not going to regret when the new ones do come out.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's still the best value for your dollar and if you finance it .9% is pretty convincing, basically it's free money. Sure I would have liked to buy a refreshed version but will not regret my third of the same generation.

Clint

·
Registered
364 Posts
I certainly agree that it is the best priced option out there, but best value for the money is a relative term. It may the best value for the money to you because you are getting what you want and will be plenty happy with what you have. Nothing wrong with that, and I would never expect you to regret your purchase, Clint I am happy for you and your new truck I hope it serves you as well as all the others have in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Frontier and what it does. That is why it is going to stay in the family for many many years. I have lots of plans for this truck. My plan from the beginning was to have this truck until the new generation was released with the diesel engine. My circumstances have changed and I need to move to a new vehicle that will be intended to be what we call my "10 year" vehicle. If I am going to get into that, I can not put the value into the 10+ year old design and technology of the Frontier.

Believe me, if I could do that, there is a beautiful 2016 Desert Runner sitting at my local Dealership that I drool over every time I bring my truck in for an oil change. I have been in love with Nissan trucks since my first ride in a 1985.5 Hardbody back in 1986.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts