Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call about my truck a while ago. They said they could not hear my knock or dupicate any of my other probs. Why I am not surprised.:( What a load of :censor: I really wish I could just say ok its normal, fine, but for the life of me I know it's not normal. Going to get this afternoon, I hope. I don't feel like getting upset with them over it, thats not how I am. Any sugestions?:confused:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Stick to you guns nicely, talk to the service writer and have them start it while you are there, if the noise that you are hearing is there with them point it out. Keep you cool but be firm, keep records and make it known to all that this is real.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
One other member did this, from what I recall. He had the service bay pull in another frontier into the bay .. next to his ... had compared them both ... sound wise. I'm thinking that would be a good way to go ...

d-mo

·
Registered
637 Posts
^^ Agreed. A service advisor did this when I had (have) a clicking brake light switch all the time. The other Frontier did the same. I still dont think its normal, but oh well.

When you pick it up (if you havent already) be there with a tech, service advisor and service manager if necessary. Point out what you are hearing.

Do you have another dealer around where you can get a second opinion?

I think there are 4 or 5 Nissan dealers withing an hour of me, probably more.

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
Keep your cool as it won't change anything if you lose it. I am on my second gen. 2 Frontier and also have a Pathfinder and all three 4.0 motors are quiet. I don't consider my first gen. frontiers cause they were 3.3 motorsIf you listen you can hear the fuel injectors click but nothing else.
Is there a speed shop or engine rebuilding shop nearby where you can get a true engine expert to listen? If they say yes there is an issue pay them to put it in writing on their professional billhead.
Whee are you from? Maybe there is another forum member who you can compare with.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
My dealership is so backwoods and incompetent I only deal with them out of necessity.
In any case, cooler heads prevail as they say, going in there with a mindset of crushing skulls won't get you far.
Keep an open mind and a closed fist (squeeze to release tension). :)

·
Super Moderator
19,855 Posts
My dealership is so backwoods and incompetent I only deal with them out of necessity.
In any case, cooler heads prevail as they say, going in there with a mindset of crushing skulls won't get you far.
Keep an open mind and a closed fist (squeeze to release tension). :)
An open hand would be less threatening. A slap won't hurt as much as a punch. D Mo has the best idea IMO. If he listens to one or more other new trucks and they sound the same, he could decide if he agrees with the dealership or not.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, as like always you could not hear it well when we listened at it there. Then when we left, you guessed it. Oh well the service shop forman was real nice and I think thay will come through for me if say it becomes worse, which could be better in the long run anyway. I was cool headed and nice as well, no need to be an ahole. So I am going to drive it and enjoy it, as I really do like it, in many ways. So :noworries: for me, life's too short.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts