Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first drove it to work he asked me all kinds of questions about it and said how much he liked it. Well, yesterday he comes up to me and said he bought a new Frontier as well. I asked him which one and he said just like yours...

Dude bought the exact same truck, same color, crewcab and everything! I don't know to be flattered or what (imitation is the biggest form of flattery). It's a good thing I got the stainless grills or I would not know which one was mine in the parking lot... :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess as you said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But even though, I'd probably be pissed that it was exactly the same. :(

For now you've got stainless grills and he doesn't. The next question is when does his arrive? :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The next question is when does he get a stainless grill. Don't tell him where you get your mods or he may indeed have an identical truck.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Obviously he thinks you have great taste and chose the best truck/color/model, so he wasn't going to accept anything less and bought the same! Doesn't say much for his individuality, but it sure is a compliment to you!

Years ago, my Dad bought a 67 Chevy Camaro that was Canary Yellow, a guy he worked with bought one just like it. My Dad stuck a Yellow Plastic Banana on the antenea, and after that he never had a problem finding his car in any parking lot! :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess it's kinda my fault. I kept telling him how impressed I was with the power this truck had. He had a Tacoma base model 4 cylinder truck before this. His Tacoma was black too so I guess I can understand why he chose black. I did find out that he got an automatic and mine's a 6-sp, so they are not identical after all...From here on out it's gonna be a war to see who has the best mods. So far I have the head start with the aftermarket grills, soundsystem, and flowmaster exhaust. It's gonna be tight to see who can get the blingin rims first... :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
The same thing happened to me, except it was an ex-coworker. He bought an identical truck except he didn't get floor mats and he picked a different color. We even bought from the same dealer and got the exact same price (they tossed in my mats for free). We meet for lunch sometimes and park next to each other like a couple of dorks. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts