Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i have a mac mini under the seat running windows xp only. the front end im using is centrafuse 2.0 i have a lilliput led lcd screen stripped down and put into a double di n enclosure to fit in the dash. i had to get an amp and run the stock speakers to it and connected the mac mini audio out to the amps input for audio. i have a cartentix cnx-p1900 dc-dc power supply running the mini and the screen. it has a wire that connects into the minis power button cable and when it senses that you turned the ignition off it sends a button press witch puts the mini into standby. with xp in standby it cuts signal to the moniter and that goes to sleep. the carnetix keeps power to the mini and screen so there is no long boot up. once car is turned on the mini wakes back up and screen turns on automatically. if the carnetix senses battery voltage drop below 10 volts it cuts all power to mini and the screen to prevent battery from dying.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
looks pretty kick A$s

nice work

·
Registered
890 Posts
very very cool man, looks like you either shop or work at bestbuy ;)
how much money do you have invested in that? not counting the amp and stuff, ive always wanted to build one of these, i think itd be awesome to have a mac os or dual boot

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
THATS AWESOME!!!! I would love to do this one day. Would you mind listing what exact parts are needed to pull this off. I'm a newb in todays electronic world... its too damn hard to keep up with everything but never to late to jump back in.

thanks for posting

·
Registered
602 Posts
THATS AWESOME!!!! I would love to do this one day. Would you mind listing what exact parts are needed to pull this off. I'm a newb in todays electronic world... its too damn hard to keep up with everything but never to late to jump back in.

thanks for posting
x2 looks pretty good nice job

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
thats pretty effing awesome......nice work

·
Registered
269 Posts
Awesome !!!!

Was thinking of going pathfinder dash swap for a large lcd screen with nav and radio controls, but this is something I would consider. What does the stereo amp put out and what nav system are you using?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LlI'll post all info as far as what exact parts were needed tomarrow. The nav software is included in centrafuse. I paid 600 for the mini and I think 250 for the screen. 50 for power supply and 30 for the double din kit for the LCD. The amp puts out I believe 50x4 at 4 ohms and 100 at 2 ohms. Since I'm still stock speakers it's doin 100 per channel. It's an alpine. I'm located in Greenville, and Fayetteville, nc

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
A list with as much detail and info as possible would be very nice and helpful. Would give me a nice headstart before reading up on mp3car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
moniter- Lilliput 629GL-70NP VGA touchscreen monitor $240
double din kit- BYBYTE liliput lcd frame $30
Power supply - Carnetix cnx-p1900 dc - dc power supply with mac mini specific power cable (no splicing of original power cable needed. plug and play) $100
Computer- Apple Mac Mini. 2ghz intel core 2 duo, 120 gb hd, dual layer dvd-r drive, 1gb ram, wifi, bluetooth. $600
Amp. Alpine 50w x 4 @ 4ohm $250
Amp install kit 8 gauge power wire $50
head unit install adapter ( was able to wire stock speakers from behind the dash through center console and under passenger seat to the alpine amp) $20
Audio from mac mini to amp - Mini stereo jack to rca adapter -->rca splitter to turn 1 set of L and R into 2 sets to hook into 4 channel amp. $15
Sirius satilite radio reciever - sirrius SC-C1 universal reviever connected to MJS Gadgets SC-C1 USB kit, to connect the sat recieverf to the mac via usb cable. MJS = $62 SIR = $85
Navigation - USGlobalSat BU-353 usb gps reciever/antennea. $37.00 GPS Software included in centrafuse 2.0
Frontend - Centrafuse 2.0 from fluxmedia.net $125 with NAV $62 with out

other ad ons you can get
terrestrial radio usb kit
back up camera
OBD-2 scanner
Tire Pressure Monitering ( can tell exactly what PSI each tire has)
Centrafuse is open party so the end user can make add ons for other applications.

My total cost was around 1600 with everyting including sirius, the gps, all software etc...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts