Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post but...Here’s a photo of my new 2wd manuel drive truck. Always wanted a truck just like this. Its a 2018 Frontier S base model. I really wanted the manuel drive and it was really hard to find close to this area of Texas (why cant they make one in an SV is beyond me). Kind of like trying to win the lotto thinking theres a chance and that its going to happen. Well it happend with another person trying to buy it at the sametime. That guy bailed. I’ve began adding stuff and will be getting my new rims in next week hopefully (thats another story in itself). So for now ive just added a uws toolbox, Fog lights (that are not electricly connected, who cares never used them anyway on other truck), n fab nerf bars, hood visor protecter, added tow package, tinted windows all around, and added a homemade grill for the open part in back of the front license plate (homedepot supplies: grill, rust preventer, black paint, and zipties). Readylift may be next and doesnt look too difficult to install on youtube, but Im sure I will be in for a surprise. Im not sure if the stock 265 70R16 will look weird with the 2.5 front and 1.5 rear I think. Eventually I will get the 75’s when these tires die.

I must say Im proud of installing all the stuff except tint by myself (“the blood the sweat the tears!” jk) without actually breaking or damaging something. Lets see if i can get these pics to post.

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to Clubfrontier.
Thanks for posting pics !

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
They do make a 6-sp CC SV, but only in 4x4.

I see the lil pics, but clicking does not enlarge them.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new truck.......dig the white and yes I'm biased.

:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Truck looks great OP. That UWS toolbox, would that be a good fit for the KC, it looks great. Do you happen to have a link to the same model? Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Truck looks great OP. That UWS toolbox, would that be a good fit for the KC, it looks great. Do you happen to have a link to the same model? Thanks.

Im glad you guys like the truck. No power locks and power windows and no rear window. Im going to install after market eventually. This toolbox is angled so the tire wells do not interfere with touching the toolbox. For the king cab you could get the bigger rectangular toolbox and uws sells it as well since the tire wells will not interfere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The truck has bluetooth radio and cruise control (thk god). This model was perfect for me because I knew I was already going to build it up, but most importantly it had to be a manual drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many relays did you instal with your trailer package? Did you install a brake controller?

Brakes and turn signals would light up except for the running lights so i had to order the relay ($30 or so at autoanything.com) that connects to the passenger-side, side wall near the floor. Theres a video on youtube. The relay comes with a rear harness that connects to a rear connection thats already apart of the truck and then that small harness connects to the trailer lights. Super easy install. Sorry about all the connector words being used. Im not sure what a brake controller is but if it is what Im thinking Im not going to be towing a bulldozer or anything similar to that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brakes and turn signals would light up except for the running lights so i had to order the relay ($30 or so at autoanything.com) that connects to the passenger-side, side wall near the floor. Theres a video on youtube. The relay comes with a rear harness that connects to a rear connection thats already apart of the truck and then that small harness connects to the trailer lights. Super easy install. Sorry about all the connector words being used. Im not sure what a brake controller is but if it is what Im thinking Im not going to be towing a bulldozer or anything similar to that.

Thanks! Appreciate it! I’ve installed it all and am missing 12v power. Trying to arm chair figure it out while it’s still -20c out

·
Registered
45 Posts
My truck ia 2013 clone of yours, except auto trans. I was in such a tight spot, I did not have time to find a manual tranny.

For my own part, I like all the manual stuff and steel wheels of a base model truck. Own a BWM X5 and you'll never want power doo-dads again this side of the pearly gates.

·
Registered
333 Posts
looks good! with the new wheels!! i got a CRLawrence slider for my former colorado, a friend with a small body + paint shop installed it, they just glue in, removal when newer is VERY VERY tough with the proper air-knife. i had to shop + overpay to find a manual shifter as well, but its what we want!! 2WD saves when buying, + driving + less upkeep! i needed it so i took the beating $$$$

1 - 20 of 29 Posts