Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Can you get a couple closer shots of how the cross bars mount to the vertical sides?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Can you get a couple closer shots of how the cross bars mount to the vertical sides?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

the rear cross bar has nice rubber nobs for more less a quick release type setup allowing you to easily slide the rear bar forward for clearance if needed

the front cross bar with the more fixed mount, but still easily adjusted and the slide system on the rails allows you to put these anywhere

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks good! Looks like a good balance. Not a monster truck, but set up to get you through some difficult times for sure.

Did you paint your grill?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks good! Looks like a good balance. Not a monster truck, but set up to get you through some difficult times for sure.

Did you paint your grill?

Thanks, my goal was to find a good balance with my truck. It's my daily driver and work truck and play. So far it does what I need, only think I think about now is lockers.

My grill was painted black..... on accident. Lol a box truck with a ladder on the back backed into me and cracked my grill. They replaced it but instead of painting it gun metal gray they painted it black. Body shop admitted the mistake but I liked it so I told them not to worry I'll keep it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How tough was the WAM winch mount installation? Is it as simple as remove front of the truck, bolt in the winch carrier, re-install the truck bits?
Do you have enough space to install the winch at a later date (the front of the truck still installed) or did you have to install everything at one time?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the WAM bumper as well. I removed the front bumper cover, grille, skid plate and front bumper underneath. Then installed the winch carrier bumper and installed the winch. Then you need to cut the lower air opening in the bumper to get it to fit around the winch bumper and reinstall everything else. Don't think you would have the room to sneak a winch in at a later date without removing the bumper cover again though.
I just scored a like new ARB winch bumper, so mine is coming off soon.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts