Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..sux on gas and power. I just got it for free and it wasn't running right. I replaced ALL of the spark plugs, wire, cap and rotor. It runs a whole lot better now. BUT, when I stomp the gas, it makes noise and revs up but it is not smooth power. It seems to feel like as if it's misfiring, or like as if it's not breathing. Does anyone have an idea? I'm thinking about doing a fuel filter, maybe a fuel pump. Or is it that knock sensor? I'm getting frustrated as hell! HELP!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
pull the codes is the first start.
Check the air filter
change the fuel filter
do all the maintenance you can afford.
transmission filter and oil.

If you got it for free can you really complain?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its probably up there on the mileage, timing should be set and belt should be replaced at around 100k. when i did this for my truck at 95k, i noticed it ran smoother and i got a few mpg's back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll do that. I've read up on the timing belt and it seems like a good thing to do. The mileage is at 182000k miles and it really needs new suspension. I'm not sure if I want to lift it or put bigger tires on it. Is there after market support for it?

I had a random cylinder misfire code and once I replaced the cap, rotor wires and plugs and cleared the code. It ran on all 6 and idled smooth! It does seem as if it starves for fuel.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Injectors could be clogged or stuck given that kind of mileage. These V6 engines have distributors that are prone to bearing failure which leads to all sorts of driveability issues. If you keep getting a misfire code I would look into getting a replacement.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
OnlyOneDR - I agree!

You should replace the whole distributor with the kind of mileage. For some reason the bearings fail in the distributor. It's not as common as say a knock sensor failure but it does happen.

I didn't need a new distributor but I wanted to get new rotor and cap so I bought a new distributor and sold off the old one. Cost be around 100$ I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts