Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Turn the truck to the key ON position. It will beep for 5 seconds and then stop.

My last truck I cut out the chime. Kind of a mistake cause the chime was also the headlight on warning. i left the headlights on and killed the battery a couple of times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn the truck to the key ON position. It will beep for 5 seconds and then stop.

My last truck I cut out the chime. Kind of a mistake cause the chime was also the headlight on warning. i left the headlights on and killed the battery a couple of times.
Thanks. I guess I am an idiot. I don't think I ever had the patience to wait the 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have a pro4x with lux (RF sounds) and blasted mine for about 2.5/3 hours on full blast and then it died... pretty good I think for a normal battery lol

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
I have a pro4x with lux (RF sounds) and blasted mine for about 2.5/3 hours on full blast and then it died... pretty good I think for a normal battery lol
On 4 wheeling trips we bring spare batteries for this exact reason. Drive out to some remote location. Make camp. Blast music. Pass out. Wake up 50 miles deep in the bush with a dead battery.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not a fan of the stated solution, and I've wondered about this a time or three myself. If you leave the key in the "on" position your fuel pump will run incessantly and your ignition coils won't appreciate being constantly juiced. Id like to find a way to put a switch inline somewhere in the door circuit to make it think the door is shut...

·
Registered
795 Posts
On 4 wheeling trips we bring spare batteries for this exact reason. Drive out to some remote location. Make camp. Blast music. Pass out. Wake up 50 miles deep in the bush with a dead battery.
Get one of these:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B015XPRYS2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493565619&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Bosch+radio

Rain-proof, loud, and battery powered. With the "slim" Bosch battery, I get about 5 hours at a loud volume on job sites. 6 or 7 hours at lower volumes.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You could bypass the door ajar switches. Would be neat to add a rocker switch on the dash to disable them.

The shop radio above is a simple solution though, They sound great.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Guys there is a super simple fix to this that is 100% reverse able. The chime will still work with the headlights and you still get the 4 beeps in the on position. You will lose the key in ignition beeps though, so be careful about leaving the keys in and walking away.

Unplug this connector under the steering wheel, done. That's it. Stumbled across this in an old thread a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Guys there is a super simple fix to this that is 100% reverse able. The chime will still work with the headlights and you still get the 4 beeps in the on position. You will lose the key in ignition beeps though, so be careful about leaving the keys in and walking away.

Unplug this connector under the steering wheel, done. That's it. Stumbled across this in an old thread a few years ago.
which plug is that? I tried to figure out where the piezo buzzer was at but seemed it was part of the BCM.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Look at the steering collum directly under the dash, there is a two pin connector there. I believe it's the only one, just disconnect it and your done.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Not a fan of the stated solution, and I've wondered about this a time or three myself. If you leave the key in the "on" position your fuel pump will run incessantly and your ignition coils won't appreciate being constantly juiced. Id like to find a way to put a switch inline somewhere in the door circuit to make it think the door is shut...
There's a difference between the suggested "On" position and the "Run" position. On....is just the accessories. Run is the one you're talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Look at the steering collum directly under the dash, there is a two pin connector there. I believe it's the only one, just disconnect it and your done.
I meant what was the plug controlling? What else will be affected by disconnecting it?

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I meant what was the plug controlling? What else will be affected by disconnecting it?
I'm not sure to be perfectly honest, I have not traced out the connector in the FSM.

As far as what is affected, the only thing that I have noticed is that if you have the door open and the key in the ignition (not turned or anything, just inserted) it no longer beeps, also no beeps in the acc position with the door open. This has caused me to leave the keys in overnight more than once... Besides that, no other feature is lost. I have had mine this way for a few years now with zero issues. Give it a try to see if you like it, if not it takes 2 seconds to put it back to factory.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I'm not sure to be perfectly honest, I have not traced out the connector in the FSM.

As far as what is affected, the only thing that I have noticed is that if you have the door open and the key in the ignition (not turned or anything, just inserted) it no longer beeps, also no beeps in the acc position with the door open. This has caused me to leave the keys in overnight more than once... Besides that, no other feature is lost. I have had mine this way for a few years now with zero issues. Give it a try to see if you like it, if not it takes 2 seconds to put it back to factory.
The only thing I could find in the FSM was it (2-wire keyswitch) is a 12v switched loop to the BCM, with nothing clear on what the BCM does with that signal (other than the nagging beeping).

If you've been trouble-free for several years, its good enough for me! Also, checked it still does the long beep when headlights left on before shutting them off after ~2 min...

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
There's a difference between the suggested "On" position and the "Run" position. On....is just the accessories. Run is the one you're talking about.
Uh... I think you mean "ACC" and "ON". There is no "Run", it's either Lock/ACC/On/Start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts