AVS Low profile rain Guides
20% window tint on front doors
20% brow tint on windshield

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
Nice 馃憤

Registered
Hey looks great! Any more pics or thoughts on the bed cover? How much space is there between the canister and rails of the bed? How much bed is left? Weather intrusion?

I just picked up a 23 king cab sv and am looking at the same cover but also adding some putco molle panels to be able to mount stuff forward of the canister.

Registered
22 SV KC 4WD Gun Metal
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey looks great! Any more pics or thoughts on the bed cover? How much space is there between the canister and rails of the bed? How much bed is left? Weather intrusion?
Hey goober, sorry for getting back to you so late. I love this cover! Well worth the price in the long. You'll loose about 12 inchs of bed length with the canister, but it doesn't extend all the way to the floor of the bed so you'll have a nook about 6.5inch in height to tuck things under.
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Wood Bumper Motor vehicle

Asphalt Road surface Gas Electric blue Plastic

Plant Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Window

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design

king cab sv and am looking at the same cover but also adding some putco molle panels to be able to mount stuff forward of the canister.
How do the panels mount? I would be concerned any bolt or screw drilled into the face may interfere with rolling the cover.

Registered
Hey thanks for the response. The molle panels use a bracket that mounts to the factory tie down locations so that the panel is suspended away from the ribbed sidewall of the bed. The panels sit below the utilitrack so there shouldnt be a problem there. Customer support told me that the bracket pushes the panel 2.95" out from the side wall. By my measurement that means that the panels would stand proud of the bed rail by ~0.5" so i am not sure if the canister would fit between the molle panels once mounted to the sides.

How much clearance is there between the side of the canister and the side of the bed beneath the rails? Retrax customer service told me the canister is 57.25" wide. I measured my bed at 58.5" wide between the top rails which would only give me ~1/4" of gap or ~1/8" on each side between the molle panels and the roll cover canister if the measurements i have collected are right.

Registered
22 SV KC 4WD Gun Metal
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@frontiergoober
I brought my truck in for service last night, but I'll measure the gap when she's back. In the meantime I zoomed in and brightened one of the pics I have for a visual. in the pic you might be able to make out the tie down which has a carabiner attached to it. It looks like youll have enough room.
Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Trunk Vehicle door

Registered
22 SV KC 4WD Gun Metal
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. In this pic it looks like the canister is touching the wheel well.
I measured the gap between the driver's side bed wall and the canister to be approx 3 1/4 inches. I have alittle more space on the passenger side which shamefully shows I'm not exactly center. I'm not to worried about it as the engineers must have had this in mind and designed the cover to have some play in it.

Its hard to see but the canister doesn't exactly touch the wheel well. It apears to fit along its contour while it's full weight is supported by the bed rail mounts.

Which Putco molle panels are you looking at? The only one I saw on there site requires the utili-track?

Registered
Thanks. The panels are short so they dont extend all the way up to the bed rail. Their customer service said that the panel brackets mount to the tiedown locations in the bed and don't interfere with the utilitrack. Since I don't have it in hand I can't confirm what they told me.

Registered
Some updates on the molle panel saga fwiw...ordered, received. Panels look good and appear to be no thicker than the utilitrack but I got suspicious that the drivers side was only 54" long and my accessory pack was missing a set of molle backer mounts. The instructions in one box were for "nissan, tundra & gladiator" but QR code link to the instructions in the other panel boxes open the Chevy install instructions. The Nissan instructions do require mounting under the utilitrack and recommend not using the panels if you dont have the track.

Went out to the truck to check that i had the right size torx bits and noticed a wrinkle in this whole plan...the power outlet. I called customer service and confirmed my order which included the confirmation email indicating i entered my truck fitment correctly but the part they sent out was for a 05-21 truck with no power outlet. Waited on hold for a few minutes and then he came back and told me that the site is wrong and they do not have a fitment for the 6ft 22+ bed. Offered to run a return on just the sides but i decided to send it all back. The mounts are obviously pointless without the panels, and I was only getting the bulkhead panel so that i could secure stuff underneath the retrax cover canister that is on the way. The combo looks like it would work but they dont offer it for my truck...now I need to find a different solution for mounting up the overland gear (shovel, axe, jack, fire extinguisher, etc). I am somewhat flirting with the idea of mounting the panel and cutting it to accomodate the power outlet. The retrax should be here tomorrow so i can give it a look with all the parts mocked up and see what i want to do.

On the bright side I did already pay the credit card bill for the order so when i do eventually get the refund my credit card co will be happily babysitting the funds 馃ぃ

Registered
22 SV KC 4WD Gun Metal
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a hassle, but thank you for posting a reply about the fittiment issues. I had these next on my list.

Hopefully your install of the retrax goes smoothly. Let me know if you have any questions or issues. I'll be happy to help where I can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts