Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any ideas on what would cause a weak signal for OEM speakers on one side of the vehicle? I guess I never noticed it after installing my Kenwood DVD receiver but, I just realized that my right side speakers are clear while the left are muffled and weak. Would accidentally mixing up the +/- wires cause this? Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
possibly. here is the wiring diagram

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes it sounds like you crossed the wires for the speakers to me. It really doesnt hurt them just will sound funny. The term is out of phase. Double check your wiring from the diagram posted above. there are companies out there like metra that make harnesses that plug right in and have match wire colors for easy installs. let em know if you need any more help with it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would also suggest soldering your connections behind the dash if you not already done it. Much better alternative to crimping and you won't ever have to worry about if they will vibrate loose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out it was the Bluetooth hands free box that I had mounted directly behind the Kenwood unit. Not sure why it caused the left speakers to put out half the sound but, once I relocated the bluetooth unit it was all good! Thanks anyway guys!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was probibly the box pressing on the connector or something of that nature since the dash space behind the radio isnt too much left once a radio is in. Good to hear it was a easy fix lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out the fuse timer that connect the too speakers. else may be the left side speaker wiring is short circuited in one phase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts