Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide on whether or not to buy a Frontier for a long time. Yesterday, I test drove a Colorado and a Frontier and I finally decided on the Frontier. The Colorado seats were TERRIBLE, and my wife and I need to be six inches taller to comfortably climb in and out of the cab. I will be buying a new SV, V6, Crew Cab with the trailering package and the bed liner, with a sticker price of $27,425. I have two questions.

1. How much of a discount should I expect/ask for, from the sticker price for a 2017?

2. How much of a discount should I expect, if the exact same truck is a new 2016?

Thanks for your help/advice.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is that for a 2wd? If that price is for the 4x4 I would say you are pretty low already. I personally would opt for the SV value truck package. You get alot more for the money.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If your looking at the SV, I agree with robj80 to opt for the SV value package.

-inc: Vehicle Security System (VSS), Utili-Track System, 4 adjustable tie-down cleats, Dual Zone Automatic Air Conditioning, Leather Shift Knob, Floor Mats, Fog Lamps, Rear View Monitor w/Rear Sonar System, Heated Front Seats, Spray-In Bedliner, Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass & Temperature, outside temperature display, Trailer Hitch, Sliding Bed Extender, Leather Steering Wheel.

It gives you the hitch, and spay in bed liner, among other excellent features.

As far as price for a 2017 SV, You should be able to get a little over $3K off msrp. I recommend go playing with TrueCar to see the highest you should pay. I always start lower than what Truecar or others state is a fair price.

As far as a 2016. You should be able to get even more off since the 17's are out.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
^^ I second the VTP package. If the bed liner they're giving you is the plastic drop-in, its garbage. cargo slides all over the place, abrades the paint below, and you won't have the utilitrac nor will you be able to add your own L track without removing the plastic liner... if you really want a plastic liner you can have mine for free, just come pick it up. The factory spray liner, bed track, and reverse cam is worth the package price and you're getting the other stuff (heated seats & something else) for 'free'.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just got my 2016 SV with VTP, I'm down here in Tampa FL and none of the local dealers would work with me. I ended up going outside the city, and I got about 6.5 K off sticker for the 2016 and they were giving me almost 5 K off the 2017. New 2016-2017 Nissan & Used Car Dealer in Lakeland Florida near Tampa, Winter Haven & Wesley Chapel Good luck, hope it helps.
How the hell are they discounting them so much. There was zero discounts to be had around me when I was looking. I ended up getting used one because of that. Those new ones in that link are cheaper than I paid used for my 2014.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How the hell are they discounting them so much. There was zero discounts to be had around me when I was looking. I ended up getting used one because of that. Those new ones in that link are cheaper than I paid used for my 2014.
When I was dealing with them I ask them to email me a breakdown, because I though they were jerking me around. They were 1K from what was on the website, and they sent me a email with the price breakdown of tax tag dealership fees.. They actually sent me a email, no one in Tampa would even do that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sticker price I quoted is for a 2WD. As far as the bed liner is concerned, I don't want it, but there are only two configurations I can find. The first one is the bed liner and tow package, and the second is the value package which is $2000 for things I don't really need.

I want to install a Fold-A-Cover on this truck. Can a Fold-A-Cover be installed on a truck with the Utili Track system in the bed?

Thanks again for your knowledge.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those prices are ridiculous. I pride myself on being a hardcore negotiator, but damn... Wish I'd have waited a month.

I just got my 2016 SV with VTP, I'm down here in Tampa FL and none of the local dealers would work with me. I ended up going outside the city, and I got about 6.5 K off sticker for the 2016 and they were giving me almost 5 K off the 2017. New 2016-2017 Nissan & Used Car Dealer in Lakeland Florida near Tampa, Winter Haven & Wesley Chapel Good luck, hope it helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Canada, my salesman tells me the markup is like 2 grand on a king cab pro4x... He said Nissan Canada hasn't given any cash back on the 17's yet, but when they did on the 16's the most was $1200 off. Canadians get screwed!

I guess there is a chance he could be lying, but I used to sell cars, and we were talking about the mark-ups at Honda when I worked there etc, and it didn't seem like he was bluffing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only incentive we've had locally is a $1000 deal that most of SC honored. We've got 2016 P4X's on the lot with sale prices of $32K, w/o lux package. Seems they're hot here.

I paid right at $31K for a P4x w/lux in May of 2015, and it cost me several hours of annoying the sales staff. My '16 didn't have that deep of a discount, but still good enough for me to bite. I'm still stunned at the level of discount on that link above

1 - 11 of 11 Posts