Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Public sale thread now open!

If you are here, most likely you know what these are and what they do, but if not:

What I'm talking about is here:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...lovers-t-swap-perfect-budget-coilover-205082/

And more specifically here:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...dget-coilover-205082/index12.html#post2989953

1 SET AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPMENT!!!

Round 1 Complete: 9-6-17, 14 Sets Sold

Round 2 Complete: 1-26-17, 4 Sets Sold

Round 3 In Progress!:20 sets available, 9 sold so far!

On to the parts themselves:

Generation 2.1 Specs:

- 3/16" Steel plate, 100% CNC laser-cut plates
- .120" wall DOM steel tube
- MIG gas shielded welds (dye penetrant tested for safety)
- 10.9 press fit studs
- Class 8 zinc plated nylon locking nuts
- 1/8" thick zinc plated smaller diameter lower washers
- Reversible polyurethane bushings
- Black textured truck bed coating finish
- Shipping included to anywhere in the US (Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Virgin Islands included)
- Ships in 1-3 weeks

Price: $135

Some details:

What do they do?
These increase the wheel travel by about 2" over the stock top hats when used with the Tundra 5100s in a Titan Swap. With stock top hats you'll get about 7.5"-7.75" inches at the wheel, once you install these you'll be closer to 10". I have personally been running a gen 1 version of this setup on my truck for over 40k miles now and it has been a great setup for me. Before this I would frequently find the limits of my suspension in the form of top outs and bottom outs, now it is very uncommon for either to occur.

What has changed in the gen 2 design?
-The generation 2 design has been optimized for the recent P/N change in the Tundra 5100s.
-Additionally, it sees improvements in fit as well as strength. Dimensions were rechecked and narrowed down to improve the fit. The original design required the reuse of the factory studs and nuts whereas the gen 2 uses brand new longer and beefier 10.9 rated studs with oversized class 8 nylon lock nuts (while still being able to use factory nuts if need be).
-Furthermore, the use of a staggered poly bushing design allows for even better damping response and fit depending what upper control arm is installed. If using stock uppers, use the tall bushing on top to limit droop, reducing the likelihood of coil bucket contact. If using an aftermarket upper, put the short bushing on top to maximize droop.
-New smaller diameter lower washers are included to virtually eliminate the common "bird chirp" that is caused by using the Bilstein provided washers.
-Coated in black textured oil resistant truck bed finish to reduce corrosion

Conditions of Ordering:
- Agree to legal disclaimer, releasing liability
- Full payment upon order via PayPal
- Some understanding, this is a side job

Design Renders:

Progress Photos:

To request an order, PM me or post in this thread. Not all requests guaranteed, dependent on supply

Round 1 list of Orders:
1) @5280Chris -PAID, Received!
2) @nfloyd77 -PAID, Received!
3) @Andys_log -PAID, Received!
4) @zachammer85 -PAID, Received!
5) @hector ibarra -PAID, Received!
6) @Tyler Bowser -PAID, Received!
7) @RajunKajun -PAID, Received!
8 ) @240addiction -PAID, Received!
9) DaRKHoRSE (TNX) -PAID, Received!
10) @mtyler11 -PAID, Received!
11) @Deltaphi216 -PAID, Received!
12) @JawnJawn -PAID, Received!
13) @jayF363 -PAID, Received!
14) @HK_Shawn -PAID, Received!

Round 2 list of Orders:
1) Khmer -PAID, Received!
2) Blancothepro4x -PAID, Received!
3) dmski -PAID, Received!
4) MikeIll Offroad -PAID, Received!

Round 3 list of Orders:
In progress!

How to Properly Assemble the Bushing Stack with Your New Tophats:
(photos are of a Pro 4x stock Bilstein but process is the same with all Bilsteins)

1) Install Collar:
- IMPORTANT, if you do not use this there is a high likelihood that the shock shaft will punch through the bushing stack during use. This is the most common error made when assembling Bilsteins in general. It is usually contained in the boot/splash shield, if you do want to use a shield/boot, you must remove the collar to install it separately.

2) Install Lower Washer and Lower Bushing:
- The washer is pretty self-explanatory. For the lower bushing, two sizes are provided. If you are running an aftermarket upper arm (like PRG or SPC) use the taller bushing to allow more droop. If you are running stock titan uppers use the short bushing on the bottom to limit droop and reduce CB contact chance. Either bushing should be installed with the nipple UP.

3) Spring:
- Set the snap ring to where you decided would be best for your truck. For most, this will be the lowest groove. Slide the spring perch down from the top so that the snap ring is covered by the cone of the perch. Next slide the spring on with the pig tail end down. Carefully, compress the spring at this point.

4) Spring Isolator:
- If reusing the factory isolator, cut the center out so that you are left with just the outer ring. Install with 3 indentations facing up.

5) TopHat:
- With spring compressed a good amount, you should be able to pierce the tophat center with the threaded section of the shock shaft. Align the top hat so that the short stud distance is parallel with the lower eye of the shock. With my hats, the stamped serial number will be perpendicular the lower eye bolt. Then align the isolator indentations with the stud heads.

6) Upper Bushing, Upper Washer, Nut:
- Install the other bushing you did not use earlier with the nipple down. Then using one of the Bilstein supplied washers, install it with the cup side facing down. Finally, install the nut with the flange down. Tighten moderately tight but do not try are bottom out the nut on the shaft (until it stops), doing so will eventually cause the bushings to fail. They should squish out some, but not be totally flattened. Should you have them too tight or loose, this can be adjusted while on the truck without the need to take the wheel off. Once tight, you can remove the spring compressors and install on the truck.

Complete:
Photo courtesy of hector ibarra

·
Registered
296 Posts
awesome! my new part number shocks have been delivered and i'm ready to go as soon as I get these. I'll just need to paint them black, right?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
awesome! my new part number shocks have been delivered and i'm ready to go as soon as I get these. I'll just need to paint them black, right?

glamisdude said:
-Coated in black textured oil resistant truck bed finish to reduce corrosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: glamisdude

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wow, You got 13 orders in ONE day. Maybe this won't be a side job for long :)

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, You got 13 orders in ONE day. Maybe this won't be a side job for long :)
Well... Not quite, as a thanks to those that helped me refine what I should offer and showed interest in buying a set early on, they got a one week early access order option. So actually more like 13 orders in one week vs one day, still not bad though... I knew this was a limited market going in, so I doesn't surprise me that demand is starting to taper off a bit.

Now if only we could expand the market and do this for a stock arm/ext travel setup.... hint hint

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't wait! Do you have a better idea of when these will be going out yet?

You Da Man!
Our target ship date for the first 5 or so orders is the 28th (Monday).
I just talked to my partner and we both feel very confident that we will meet our target for at least the first 5 orders if not more.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can you take a picture of you guys and toss it in the box. i need a fridge picture.
Lol, sure? No sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
i wasnt. i think its neat.

think if we didnt have the power of the internet or you and friend didnt have the skills they have. none of this would be possible.
this type of stuff literally makes me so happy we are all enthusiasts, with the access to the internet and each other.

if you do have a sticker i would be ok with one of those.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
i wasnt. i think its neat.

think if we didnt have the power of the internet or you and friend didnt have the skills they have. none of this would be possible.
this type of stuff literally makes me so happy we are all enthusiasts, with the access to the internet and each other.

Yeah! We need a "Glamisdude Suspension" sticker. That will help spread the word.

Reactions: Deltaphi216

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Our target ship date for the first 5 or so orders is the 28th (Monday).

I just talked to my partner and we both feel very confident that we will meet our target for at least the first 5 orders if not more.

Chris, if anyone behind the first five needs theirs now, you can skip over me in the first shipment. I still have a bit more parts to collect for my swap.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah! We need a "Glamisdude Suspension" sticker. That will help spread the word.
Its funny you guys say this because my partner just got a vinyl cutter for his real job:) We were just chatting about the sticker potential on Sunday. Its a possibility that some may find their way into the boxes, we'll see if we have the time. Gotta dust off the graphic design certs I got forever ago, lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
WOOO! Keep truckin on! I am waiting for the new tophats so I can get my X back on the road.

and we definitely need stickers!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts