Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is a list of which 2nd Gen Frontier's have the MPG/MPH/DTE/Trip Gauge? My 2012 Pro-4X has it, but my Step-Father's 2017 SV with Value Package only has Trip A/B (No MPG/MPH/DTE).

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Definitely would have liked to have that in mine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish my truck had this too. Not a biggie, but a nice addition.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Just push the knob on the dashboard to change between the MPG/MPH/DTE/Trip Gauge

·
Registered
340 Posts
only the LE and pro4x come with this setup. I have the SV with VTP and I don't have it. I really wish I did. I have an android device that gives me all this info anyway but I always liked stock stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
only the LE and pro4x come with this setup. I have the SV with VTP and I don't have it. I really wish I did. I have an android device that gives me all this info anyway but I always liked stock stuff.
Ok, thanks robj80. That's what I thought, too. I wonder if you can install a different gauge cluster from an LE (SL) or Pro-4X into an SV?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok, thanks robj80. That's what I thought, too. I wonder if you can install a different gauge cluster from an LE or Pro-4X into an SV?
I was curious about this myself. Being such a new truck I decided against ripping things apart to test it out. Then there is the mileage issue too. I know on my Versa the mileage was actually stored in the ECM. I found this out when I plugged a scanner in and it told me my vin and mileage on the computer screen. Unless the cluster sent the mileage to the OBD port. So now I just use torque pro on a dedicated android device that stays in the truck. This image the truck is off that is why there are no readings other than the average mpg. The fuel in the tank and distance to empty are not accurate until you get to 3/4 full tank or so. Possibly glitch in the program I don't know. It only shows 85% full when you fill the tank up to the max. Once you get down to 3/4 of a tank it is all very accurate. I am willing to bet as accurate as the stock gauge.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Might Desert Runners have this feature?

·
Registered
2012 SV 4WD
91 Posts
2012 CC with the Sport Appearance Package here, and I've got that feature also. Not sure if my truck is considered an SV or not... I've only heard a reference to the "funky Fronty" stickers on the side.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can confirm my 2015 Desert Runner has it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Availability of this feature has varied in some models over the years. Started as an LE only feature and has been added to some mid-trim levels over the years. Never found on the base models.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was just wondering if there is a list of which 2nd Gen Frontier's have the MPG/MPH/DTE/Trip Gauge? My 2012 Pro-4X has it, but my Step-Father's 2017 SV with Value Package only has Trip A/B (No MPG/MPH/DTE).
List is pretty short.... Currently only offered in the DR, Pro & SL

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2013 Desert Runner had all of that, but now my 2016 SV (4x4) does not have that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts