Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I feel like total crap right now! Everyone knows that Im selling my truck and 1 reason is the motor has been acting up on me...Its been burning the crap out of oil and making a loud chattering noise @ startup because internals were apparently dry. Well, this is 1 of the main reasons I wanted to go ahead and get rid of this truck along with other reasons for towing and more room...I felt like I should go ahead and part with it on a trade before it gets worse and not dump any more money into it!

Well here is my findings...My oil problem started approx when I cut all 4 cats off and did the whole custom exhaust and stuff...I always thought that caused it...Well, since Ive been parting out my truck, Ive been taking everything off to sell...The 2 things I took off my motor was my WRP TBS(Throttle Body Spacer) and IMS(Intake Manifold Spacer) Also note, the gaskets on the IMS where in great shape....As of right now, I still have my exhaust, headers, and intake on, along with my uprev tune. Normally, if I go 1,000 miles, the dip stick doesnt have any oil...Well, I got back from Atlanta today because I was selling my leather seats. Well, I noticed my truck hasnt been acting up lately and I know its been about 1,000 miles on this oil change so I figured I should check it...I check it, and it hasnt lost a drop of oil. I marked my dipstick so I know where its at with all oil changes.It is also still golden colored! WTF! I just sold every mod I have (worth thousands) so I could trade the truck in and now the truck is running great?

I have no doubt in mind it was the IMS...I know many people run this on there trucks and I seem to have the only truck that has rejected it, but nothing else has changed...I dont want to scare anyone off, but if you have 1, just keep an eye on your oil.

I cant believe this...Im still going to sell it b/c now Im just unsatisfied with a bone stock truck...lol. And no, im not lifting it back up...lol

/rant - long day. night.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Maybe your truck was built on Friday the thirteenth :) Or maybe your next truck will end up being one of those vehicles that never has problems.
What kind of full size are you lookin at again?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
hmm.. it was your karma to move on to Bigger and Diesel.

what is the IMS?
^ I asked that when I first joined CF; I gotta PM to GFMS and leave it to the "pros". :confused:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
that sucks that u found it after u got it back to stock.
but caint go wrong with the diesel if your gona tow alot.

and i got the UCAs and skid installed today. wasent as bad as i thought it would be. i guess this being the 3rd time i take apart the front end helps too.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that sucks that u found it after u got it back to stock.
but caint go wrong with the diesel if your gona tow alot.

and i got the UCAs and skid installed today. wasent as bad as i thought it would be. i guess this being the 3rd time i take apart the front end helps too.

Yea, when I saw the dipstick was at the correct line, I was like you have got to be kidding. lol

Oh well, all was fun and I will still wheel with you guys, but I wont be taking the diesel...Ill just ride along with one of you and do all the filming. lol

Glad you got everything installed. Have you tested your travel yet w/ uca's?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
havent tested the flex yet but i drove on some really bad roads and a rock/pot hole parking lot at some high speeds and i was inpressed.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like I stated above, my truck seems to be the only one that rejected the mod...Im not 100% sure it was the IMS, but I know my truck is not loosing any more oil now since removal.

The only thing I can think of is the IMS is creating a big vacuum and sucking the oil through the rings and going out the exhaust...With adding the IMS, it increases the plenum volume, and make good gains, but maybe just creating too much vacuum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts