Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posts I have read on replacing these mention lifting the engine a couple inches,no mention loosening transfer and tranny to relieve tension on bell housing bolts, and other components,is this an issue? Or is the lifting involved not enough to induce failure of any components? Thought I would ask first ,answer please ,going in tonight or in the morning:frown::surprise::serious:

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I didn't have too.
Are you putting in a stock engine mount?
The aftermarket ones from PRG are much better.
The stock ones do not last long if your truck is going to see hard use.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You really don't have to rase it much more than it already flexes so i wouldn't worry. Also I second the PRG mounts, huge difference though mine were totally shot.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
You really don't have to rase it much more than it already flexes so i wouldn't worry. Also I second the PRG mounts, huge difference though mine were totally shot.
So were mine. The motor actually shifted. My hoop brace was rubbing against the manifold. This was after some pretty hard off road abuse.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go fishing and hunting and camping and use to get me in and out of the woods and along the river,but pretty light weight 4wheeling ,I don't rock crawl or anything mostly gets me to work on I-84 in N.Y.( well ,that's kinda rough!LOL) I 'm working on a 78 land cruiser for any rougher stuff if I want.but stock components work for me,if they go again I will get tougher.my right exh. Manifold came apart and I figured to replace the motor mounts,I have had a vibration in the vehicle when braking shifting and sometimes acc. That I could not figure out as it was not the rotors or rear brakes,or the tranny mount never thought of the motor mounts until replacing the manifold then it was reccomended to change them.i am a fair hand at turning wrenches but motorcycles,old Harley's ,I learn as I go on cars and trucks and each one is different,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it neccesary,to remove the transaxle to get access to the left motor mounts 2 bottom bolts they are badly corroded and don't look like they will move with a normal socket( crumbling rust!) somebody in the past ignored them because they could not get at them,differential removal is not that hard ,just time consuming,I had to do it before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts