Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a note when ordering a manifold that the mfg. reccomends changing the motor mounts to prevent premature failure of the manifold when replacing the manifold ,is this gospel,or a way to sell more parts or only if the motor mount is in need of changing anyway ?sorry I am fairly new at Nissan repairs but I got to do it want to do it once-right!

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
I see a note when ordering a manifold that the mfg. reccomends changing the motor mounts to prevent premature failure of the manifold when replacing the manifold ,is this gospel,or a way to sell more parts or only if the motor mount is in need of changing anyway ?sorry I am fairly new at Nissan repairs but I got to do it want to do it once-right!
what yr is your truck? do your mounts look bad? have you considered shortie headers instead of oem manifolds?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2002 frontier 3.3L no just going with the stock manifold the motor mounts were cheap enough I just wanted to know why the Mfg. reccomened that,do they have to be unbolted to remove said manifold maybe? Say to lift the engine for clearance to remove the broken manifold,it looks tight but I am still unbolting things and have not removed the broken unit yet.

No I am using the stock type manifld,do I have to undo the motor mounts for clearance reasons,to remove the broken unit?it looks tight but I am still unbolting things.the mounts were not expensive,just wanted to know why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts