Nissan Frontier Forum banner
421 - 440 of 460 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
i still feel like a diy single projector is king.
plus with led setups you dont have all those pitfalls we used to with hid, the ballasts buzzing and giving issues, heat ect.

single projector looks the best, and if you can take our your headlight you can bake it apart and add a projector. its not that hard.
plus its less than half the cost of these lights, and thats with buying a second set of lights.

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
OK - been raining pretty good here in DFW and I've been driving in it. Looked behind my Morimotos and water is definitely getting back there. I didn't think that was the case previously but I guess I must have been thinking of something else when I said that. Anyways, rainwater is definitely the problem for the relays especially when they're dangling back there with the electrical tape and wiring facing upwards just waiting to catch any water that comes to it.

I'm not sure if the Morimotos allow more water to get behind them than stock, and no real way to test that without swapping them again which I'm not doing unless failure necessitates doing that work again. The stock setup wouldn't be bothered by water anyways as the bulb sockets are all sealed and there isn't much to fail in the electrical connections either. However, with the relay being deleted, I foresee no more issues due to water on these either because everything is sealed also and there is nothing to be destroyed by the water now. I'm essentially as weatherproof as stock with the relay deletion. Time will tell if I'm wrong but for now I think I'm good.

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
6am Denver time this morning, confirmation email my lights are shipping today, given the horrible job fedex does, hopefully they’ll be here by New Years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious to see if you get the updated no-relay version or the original style. Hopefully you get them fast, mine came in like 2 days once they shipped.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Welp, fedex has already done screwed up. Yesterday afternoon, tracking said delivery was 11/10 before Noon. This morning it updates to 11/12 before 9pm, apparently my lights are going sightseeing before being delivered.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
OOOOH MAN!!!! Mine has flickered on/off on a few times (maybe 2-3) since I have owned them..... after looking at @rdp91356 pictures from his retrofit... I may just go down that route and return these if these crap out

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
OOOOH MAN!!!! Mine has flickered on/off on a few times (maybe 2-3) since I have owned them..... after looking at @rdp91356 pictures from his retrofit... I may just go down that route and return these if these crap out
Check the relays. Mine are rock solid after deleting the relays. I wouldn’t toss them in the trash because of flickering/or if they shut off soon if the relays are the cause which they’ll likely be.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
It's almost dark here, just went for a quick drive to check them out, really surprised how bright the DRL's are, the low beams are decent, seem better than stock, hi-beams were hard to tell as it's not dark enough. When I leave for work at 3 am I'll get a better idea of how they work, I do see what others have said about filling in some of the lighting with the fogs, since I already have Morimoto fogs, tried it with and without, with helps.

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
Yeah relay is the same as it's been, just fastened to the housing now. Maybe that will help, not sure. Maybe water will off rather than soak in like it did before with it dangling. Not sure why they insist on keeping the relay, it is completely unnecessary and I honestly like the function of my low beams having constant battery power a lot more than I like having to have the key on for low beam. As far as I know they don't put these relays on any of their other models either, so it's really odd to me. Nearly 2 weeks with my relay delete and no regrets.

They look good on the truck Colo, so far I've liked them on every color I've seen. Also I have to agree, the DRL in daytime mode is crazy bright. Lights up my neighbor's house like a floodlight when I'm starting the truck at night before auto kicks on the headlights and dims it.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I did a lot of night driving Saturday night, few things I wish were improved on.

1. The left low beam was a full beam, not the stepped pattern

2. The lights could be adjusted outboard a little, with both having the stepped pattern, it throws off the light.

3. Hi-beams had separate adjustments, they are a little low, they work, but want them a little higher.

4. Maybe a little brighter LED, but in all they work good

But, at the full service car wash I go to, couple different people commented those were cool looking headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received mine after a long wait. Passenger side low beam dead. Everything else worked. Has the external relay taped/ bolted on. I'm assuming it's the relay from reading this thread but don't feel comfortable bypassing it under warranty. Have had good experience with TRS on replacements before but pretty disappointed considering the price and time spent on this. Might just return and stick with the katanas.

421 - 440 of 460 Posts