Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts
Still skeptical...🤔

Still skeptical...🤔
I mean they could be sued for false advertising if they put a DOT approved stamp on the headlight when they aren't DOT approved.... I'm SURE they do extensive testing and part of maybe WHY they cost so much is the R&D that goes behind making these. idk just my .02

Who would've thought that companies would shy away from making expensive products for trucks which have been the "value pick" for over a decade.

Reactions: BORNGEARHEAD
Leaving room for (my) error here, but it was my understanding that even putting in LED bulbs into a halogen housing 'could' be looked at as non-DOT approved. Though, this could vary from state -to-state...even though DOT is a Fed-thing...???

I'll admit that I'd play dumb if the above did prove to be an issue somehow.

Leaving room for (my) error here, but it was my understanding that even putting in LED bulbs into a halogen housing 'could' be looked at as non-DOT approved. Though, this could vary from state -to-state...even though DOT is a Fed-thing...???

I'll admit that I'd play dumb if the above did prove to be an issue somehow.
as far as I understand, YES, you are correct that putting a LED/HID bulb in a halogen housing is NOT DOT approved..... these must have gone through some testing and standard to be able to get the approval from DOT..... I know some states are REALLY anal about aftermarket lighting....

Plenty of manufacturers simply state "For Off-Road Use Only" as a CYA...or, is there more to this, and does it matter from State to State? IE Some States don't allow smoked taillights and they won't pass inspection when a truck is changing hands/owners, though the same truck might never be pulled over due to the smoked taillights.

Saw that 4x4led's posted a link on the Nissan Frontier Club facebook page that had pricing as $810 but that link doesn't seem to work anymore. Z1 offroad still has them listed on their site but no dates or prices have been confirmed.

Saw that 4x4led's posted a link on the Nissan Frontier Club facebook page that had pricing as $810 but that link doesn't seem to work anymore. Z1 offroad still has them listed on their site but no dates or prices have been confirmed.
Z1 lists things on their site even if they're not available yet for the clicks

Reactions: NCalFrontier
On Instagram they said check back in at the end of the month....!!!

81 - 100 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.