Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Morimoto headlights coming!

23K views 132 replies 37 participants last post by  kebler2005 
#1 ·
That’s right, new headlights for our second gen frontier is coming. These guys make awesome headlights - not eBay crap.

I’m really excited to get something that looks like it came from this century.

#3 ·
Any upgrade to the front lights on these trucks are welcome. I wonder what cost will be? The Tacoma headlights they make are $1300-$1400 IIRC.

#4 ·
That's what I was thinking ~$1000 but they usually have a good deal when they release these. I know the last few releases for other vehicles included LED fog lights and a discounted price.

There is hope for sub $1000 as the F150 ones that are also listed as "hybrid" LED (same wording as the listing for these) retails for $800.

#5 ·
Subbed for release updates.

#11 ·
It's about time someone offered an alternative to baking open OEM housings. That said, I'm on the fence as to whether I like the looks of these.

#15 ·
I'm on the fence as to whether I like the looks of these.
I am function-over-form, but I thought the same. Morimoto's F-150 Hybrid lights look like the OEM LED headlights, but cooler. IMO, these look slightly better than eBay projector headlights.

A design like this would sway me a bit more.

On a side note, keep in mind that you'll keep your OE headlights so you can always sell the LED ones down the road and recoup a good portion of the cost.
I thought of that but left it out in my first post. Although it is definitely possible, I wouldn't bank on selling them to recover a significant portion of the initial purchase price, especially as the truck gets older and the body style is changed.

Universal parts are easier to sell and can be carried over to different vehicles, so you don't have to sell them if it'll work with your new ride. For the money, I'd get the Rigid Industries 920413 20" SAE driving light bar for $700.

Personally, I am looking forward to installing my new $30 DOT/SAE LED driving lights to potentially replace my $100 DOT/SAE LED fog lights.

#16 ·
The skeptic in me highly questions the value of non-OEM/aftermarket headlamp housings as far as quality/longevity.
Obviously though, OEM's have a habit of yellowing/fading since that's what plastic does in sunlight over time.
The Ebay housings cost so much less, that at least one of my eyebrows will rise/twitch automatically.
😶😯😧😲😵

#18 ·
The skeptic in me highly questions the value of non-OEM/aftermarket headlamp housings as far as quality/longevity.
Obviously though, OEM's have a habit of yellowing/fading since that's what plastic does in sunlight over time.
The Ebay housings cost so much less, that at least one of my eyebrows will rise/twitch automatically.
😶😯😧😲😵
Don't forget that the eBay housings have absolute garbage for lighting output (worse than OEM). I can guarantee that these will perform behind exceptions and much better than a cheap "HID" kit.

#17 ·
Subbed, maybe a group buy will happen like their XP fogs a few years ago.

Although I'm not one who can claim to be "thrifty" on all things (don't ask me about my bikes LOL) I'm not sure if I can convince myself to spend 4 digits on headlamps.

But I definitely do like the design, it doesn't look cheesy like some DIY's I've seen.

We'll have to wait and see what the actual price is when they decide to actually say it..."not sure on the price as yet" LOL, they know what they want to charge. That reply alone tells you it will be $$$$

#19 ·
We'll have to wait and see what the actual price is when they decide to actually say it..."not sure on the price as yet" LOL, they know what they want to charge. That reply alone tells you it will be $$$$
To me, I think that quote says that they haven't determined if we are the $800 or $1200 or somewhere in the middle market.

#39 ·
THIS!!!!!! N just looked myself they want 850 without shipping and tax for the monster shrouds.... BUT THEY ARE FOR OFF ROAD PURPOSES ONLY - NOT DOT APPROVED!!!! i 'd throw down another $200 for the just in case CHP questions the lights or DMV inspector

#33 ·
Too many deer in my neck of the woods and knowing my luck I'd hit one before I had a chance to upgrade my insurance policy....

Calls insurance to claim i just installed aftermarket headlights and hit a deer.
Insurance lady:
Blond Mouth

Reactions: RobFrisco415
#38 ·
Too many deer in my neck of the woods and knowing my luck I'd hit one before I had a chance to upgrade my insurance policy....

Calls insurance to claim i just installed aftermarket headlights and hit a deer.
Insurance lady:
View attachment 321689
Aftermarket parts can be covered for, you guessed it, an additional cost. My camper shell is covered for full replacement value for an extra $70 a year.

Sounds like you could use a replacement bumper. I was riding with a friend in his F-250 with a Ranch Hand full replacement bumper and we hit what we presume to be a deer at Interstate speeds. Huge loud thud then blood splattered the windshield. We pulled over immediately. The front of the truck looked like it was spray-painted red with a side of ground meat, but it was otherwise undamaged. Couldn't see a deer anywhere.

#40 ·
Hahahahahahahahaha

#41 ·
So i asked on Instagram if there are doing pre-orders and said no. I also asked to see if they will post any pictures of the light output with information, and said 'all that information and more to come down the road. too early for us to have extensive testing fully done. We will keep you posted!:
*lowkey wants to be the first in CA with the new headlights 🙃😎

Reactions: raine
#44 ·
Do you smoke after headlights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.