Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been reading and searching and reading some more but havn't found all the answers to my questions. First off if I pull my axles until I can get ext shafts am I going to get any lights coming on? Next question is how much travel can I acually get using stock titan control arms? Also can you get more lift with the swap without using a DB lift without having axle binding problems with the extended track? I may have more questions later but any help would be great.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I have not heard anyone reporting a CEL after they removed the shafts. I am not sure if there will be any kind of gear oil issue thou. I know the Frontier's shafts slide in while the Titans bolt up. You may need a plug but hopefully someone will chime in and say otherwise.

Your flex is going to be limited by the coilbucket. Even OEM Titan UCAs impact the CB when cycling. I don't have an exact number but If the arms stick out 3" more, then I would guess you will get an extra 1.5" up/down for 3" total in flex.

I would venture to say that your max lift without a DB is going to be 3" just like the Frontier. The Tswap just pushes out the tires and increases flex. Yes you may get some lift but that is just a geometry thing in relation to the UCA shock mount.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dubie. I really hope someone else will chime in on this. I want to do this in the next 2 weeks so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I got .5inches of lift from my tswap, from the geometry change of the setup. No you won't throw a code but just don't put it in 4wd without axles. I gained maybe 2in or so of downtravel. A cheap way to go would be to buy the rough country ucas, if you can't afford prg ones.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip about the rough country arms. I hadnt seen them before. I may look into them. Also With 285/75/16 Does anyone know how much I woul have to trim so they dont rub at all?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Your main issue will be the contact at full lock with the tire hitting the rear of the front fenders. This probably won't be an issue as long as you align the tire with the cam bolts pushing them forward.

Are you doing any lifting with the Tswap? It may be worth to do a cheap spacer to level out the ride until you can get some coilovers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dubie I already have done the PRG 3" spacer and 2" deaver. So I am thinking that I may be ok with the tire rub.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ok am running oem coilovers with a 3pm spacer and it's Titan swapped. I had a little rubbing on the rear of the riverside fender. I solved this by taking my disc cutting tool and made a diagonal cut on the very bottom of the fender, where it is horizontal. Everyone says u have to run aftermarket coilovers with a titan swap... You don't, I have drove 7000 miles on mine and it's fine.

But I did just buy some radflos cause I got a good deal and want more lift

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Yea I am planning on getting a set of coilovers in the spring and was gonna run the stock stuff for now. But as long as it will work with minimal triming for now then thats good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts